Page 149 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Yep.

Looking forward to a plink down the hallway with the gasser on Boxing Day, hopefully.

And hoping to give the Supersport a quick try tomorrow evening on my return from work to evaluate fettling requirements. It's freebie, almost. As in the owner has said the gun is free but asked for a donation to a hospice. So, no problem there and a brilliant cause. The stock has been "customised" by a previous owner with stippling in a couple of areas and a dark wood cap at the pistol grip. Hoping the barrel isn't (too) wobbly. In the short term, if it is, it'll just get nipped up in the vice. If it becomes a keeper, which it probably will, as a close quarters ratter, it might get treated to a barrel bolt conversion at some point in the future.

No doubt it'll be twangier than a most twangery thing which'll have to be sorted.

Quick question, tinkerers....it must be close to 30 years since I worked on one of these.....It's a standard model, without the daft rail, which is good. And I have a spacer thingy to compress the spring allowing spring retainer pin to be pushed out. Can't remember if the trigger needs to come out to allow piston removal / replacement, or can you just pull the trigger allowing the sear to clear the piston?

Will also run it over the chrono to see what it's doing prior to stripping. Hoping I'll get away with a couple of seals and a guide kit to keep costs low.

Bugger.....why post here when I could have just rung the "Paul the Springer Pamperer" helpline?

Any news on the job front, Pauly?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Bugger.....why post here when I could have just rung the "Paul the Springer Pamperer" helpline?

Thanks for the call Tone, you should be sorted on everything you need to know now

Work ? Mmmm. If I want to retire at the end of March as planned, I need to give 12 weeks notice which means I'd need to do that within the next couple of weeks. But, as there is still a very reasonable sniff of redundancy in the New Year, I would be foolish to hand in my notice at this point. Whichever way it goes, I should be out of there in the Spring.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Thanks for the call Tone, you should be sorted on everything you need to know now

Work ? Mmmm. If I want to retire at the end of March as planned, I need to give 12 weeks notice which means I'd need to do that within the next couple of weeks. But, as there is still a very reasonable sniff of redundancy in the New Year, I would be foolish to hand in my notice at this point. Whichever way it goes, I should be out of there in the Spring.
    After being there man and boy you would definitely be silly to miss that sort of opportunity for the sake of a few weeks.
    But! Once your done plenty of time for metal detecting and airguns!
    I might pop the MD on the sales thread to see if I get a sniff.
    Xterra 705 with stock coil and an extra special coil. Just saying like

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    After being there man and boy you would definitely be silly to miss that sort of opportunity for the sake of a few weeks.
    Get in there Paul before Tinners beats you to it again
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I'm actually relying on Dave buying it and selling it to me a few days later at a lesser price
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I'm actually relying on Dave buying it and selling it to me a few days later at a lesser price
    I'm just waiting for him to list it mate

I'm going to list it later this afternoon when I get back in.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I'm going to list it later this afternoon when I get back in.
    I thought you would have let Paul have it dirt cheap. Imagine having "suppliers of metal detectors to airgun royalty" around a picture of a leprechaun on the side of the van
    Pete

I thought you would have let Paul have it dirt cheap. Imagine having "suppliers of metal detectors to airgun royalty" around a picture of a leprechaun on the side of the van
    Gave I a chuckle belly that did!

Cool Hey Pauly, Great News......

Carl's on!

Oh yes inbloodydeedy!

Y'know, of Carleyland monster Roland fame!

See thread on Crosman 2250 questions.

Surprised he just didn't ring the hotline, though!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I reckon its been sold several times over already. Could be worth running a book to see who will end up with it.

So it was on there less than two minutes!
    I was about to post here and say it was on and I received a text saying it was already sold to ......

So it was on there less than two minutes!
    I was about to post here and say it was on and I received a text saying it was already sold to ......

I'm going to hazard a really random guess.........NICK

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Thank you so much once again for the detailed, expert advice, Pauly.

Where else can one find better value? Just £6.00 per minute to get such brilliant information...superb! Those lathes and milling machines didn't half sound busy when I rang; I do hope you're not working yourself too hard down there!

As Jamie says, it'd be bonkers not to stick it out and see what comes your way, matey.

But, when I asked on news on the job front, I was actually being selfish and just fishing about to see if there's a position yet for little old me in your Airgun Advice Business?

The moisturising Adonis himself.