Page 15 of 208 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Is this all a story from our Tone? Is he really trying to cover up the purchase of a PCP and his descent into darkness?

Pete
    No, not made up one bit, Pete.

Purchase a PCP? Well, I'd never say "never", but I would say highly unlikely, due to cost and chronic lack of spare time to pursue my chosen hobby making it very hard to justify. Especially when I have lots of characterful springers that also sit in the cabinet unused.

Hope you're having a great time.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Mate.
    The negatives.
    Bottle refills are about £3.
    Safe transportation involves taping two bits of timber to the sides to stop it rocking about in your car boot - or fill it up beforehand and have around 60 hassle free shots.
    Tests are once in a blue moon.

On the other hand.
    You've got near silent, multishot capabiltity that's a doddle to use for you or the little'uns and something else to add to your enjoyment of the sport.
    As you're a springer shooter, enjoy watching your pellets in the air going toward putting in tiny groups.
    Oh, and to buy it would knock a hole in about seven hundred quid.
    Be happy.
    I cannot argue with any of the above, Craigy. It's just my love and unerring loyalty to my boingers. Yes, I also have the 1377, a couple of Ratties and the HW40, but they hardly ever get a look in as, when an opportunity to play does come along, I want to feel the Power of The Boing.

As you say, getting this new would be a fortune. From what he told me a few months ago, it's a pre-AT, making home maintenance easier and he had it serviced by a local AA Approved Service Centre when he got it.

Magazine isn't a turn on for me, though.

As you know, I've had the odd shot with a PCP and I'll never forget that first shot with one of yours. Seem to remember it was the second Bash that you came to, so maybe September 2014? Sunday morning? It was a 400 series rifle with one of Neil's air strippers. There was a slight breeze. You told me the aimpoint and one squeeze of the trigger and down went the bucket with no effort whatsoever.

Like you say, if it comes my way I'd be mental to turn it down and I wouldn't want to offend him.

But I could never see me feeling the love for it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Just 42 little sleeps to go, my Good Friends of The Hollow.

Six weeks until we can be re-united at our most special place amongst the very finest people one could wish to meet.

Gagging for it!

BOING!!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Tony Tony, settle down Mate, the PCP won't be for myself !
    I've been tasked by a good friend to investigate the purchase of a PCP, possibly an Air arms TDR !
    He recently moved abroad, off loaded his "hardware" but now fancies something like the above and has asked me to research the matter.
    So be assured, I'm not on the hunt for "a Blower" for misen !

As for your little dilema, personally I would accept the 410 as a gift as your Pal obviously thinks very highly of you and values your friendship !
    You never know, you might grow to like it !?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Although I actually have my own PCP dilemma / tussle going on here.
    Mmmm, and an interesting one too Tony

Personally I would accept the gift with good grace and gratitude as a mark of valued friendship

I have thought many times about selling my Daystate X2, but it is normally the rifle I pick up for pest control, mainly feral pigeon.
    I have used my .22 HW99 for the same purpose but more often for the closer range and undercover / indoor shots. The PCP in .177 is good for the longer shots and places where a quieter gun is best used.

I have come to the conclusion to keep the X2 as it is a quiet and accurate rifle, and serves a purpose. The bottle situation can be a bit of a faff, but I've just had my 7ltr 300bar tested and filled for £35, so that's not too bad

As for the 10 shot magazine situation, I use the magazine when pest controlling for convenience and ease of loading, but if I'm using RWS Supermag pellets I have to use the single shot tray as they don't feed from the magazine

I found my old .177 AA 410 did feed wadcutter pellets though

No such problems with loading a .22 pellet in a boinger breech though mate

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Accept the 410 graciously as a kind gesture Tone. I do understand your 'predicament' but... Mark my words, at some time in the future, it will end up in the right hands, whether that be yours or someone else's and you will look back and be pleased you did the right thing
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Sorry for the late appearance, chaps.

We've had a visitor tonight and he has only just left.

All comments taken on board re the pesky PCP and I think you chaps are right. It'd be downright rude and a little crazy to turn it down when / if the time comes. Can't ever see me "getting into" it, mind.

Hope Uncle Mick is feeling better.

Any one heard from Chris?

See you in the morning.

BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Yeah, where is Chris Allum ????
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Although I actually have my own PCP dilemma / tussle going on here.

What to do?
    Tony, I hope this gun does come to you mate, couldn't be better homed or reside with a nicer, more genuine bloke.

But you'd better have a quiet, cosy little chat first with the many cherished members of your springer harem, or else hissing and spitting they'll kick this AA410 out of the cupboard onto the floor and break it.

Aww, thanks Ted.

And don't worry, my beloved springers will be in no doubt as to where my loyalties lie and they'll always, always be my favourites and most cherished.

When / if the time does come, maybe better to have a little quarantine time?
    Last edited by TonyL; 17-09-2017 at 07:37 AM.

41 to go peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Yeah, where is Chris Allum ????
    I don't think we've seen the chirpy chap on here for quite some time, Pauly.

Anyone heard from him recently?

Did someone say at some point that Chris was to be a dad?

Shout up, Chris lad, we is missin' ya.

Sunday lunchtime after going to the gunclub boing

Up we go boinger boys

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Hope you had a lovely time at the club, Paul.

I've not managed to get any boingering action in since the Bash.

When Mick said at this last Bash that the next one would take place a week earlier I thought, "Ooh, goody, just eight weeks to go until we can do it all again!". But now that last Bash, although only two weekends ago, seems such a far and distant memory and our next meet just can't come quickly enough.

Can't wait to see all The Boingerers/Boingies again!

BOING!!

Hope you had a lovely time at the club, Paul.
    BOING!!
    I had a BLATT session doing 10m AP mate

I've got another 10m AP open shoot in a few weeks time at Havant so I'm getting as much practice in as possible.....can't see much improvement though

I also took took my .177 Daystate X2 down to re-zero the 'scope after a recent Dowty seal repair. I'm always impressed with the groups that are achievable with that rifle, it's almost too easy to produce single hole groups at 25m without much effort

Interestingly, today I used H&N FTT and JSB Heavys, and both pellets shoot very well, albeit the heavy pellets do produce energy figures rather close to the limit

Anyway, back to boinging......

Up we go for an evening boing....

BOING
    ATB, Paul