Page 158 of 208 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The Ratty money went on the stock. Or at least it will when Jamie finally gets the money from me.

The ratty will end up short. Very short. And shorter.
    Building a custom gun for Paul?
    Pete

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Note to self, don't leave sharp edges on a spring. 5 minutes with the needle file, first shot over the chrono at 776.5 fps, close enough. Wonder if I will be allowed a plink tomorrow
    Pete

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I went to the gun shop in town this afternoon in search of a Crosman pistol. They've very kindly ordered me one at a great price, it should be here in the New Year!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I went to the gun shop in town this afternoon in search of a Crosman pistol. They've very kindly ordered me one at a great price, it should be here in the New Year!
    That sounds good. Is that the one for the shortening project? I fancy a project gun of some sort. Probably an old HW rifle of some form to refurbish.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That sounds good. Is that the one for the shortening project? I fancy a project gun of some sort. Probably an old HW rifle of some form to refurbish.
    Yep, first job is a steel breech and shortened barrel. I don't know whether to go GMAC, Alliance Hobby or standard Crosman though. I guess I'm gonna have to ask in a Crosman modification group. Trouble is they're all as mad as a box of frogs and don't know if it's bum or next Thursday!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Yep, first job is a steel breech and shortened barrel. I don't know whether to go GMAC, Alliance Hobby or standard Crosman though. I guess I'm gonna have to ask in a Crosman modification group. Trouble is they're all as mad as a box of frogs and don't know if it's bum or next Thursday!
    does Steve at SD customs still sell parts ? http://www.sdcustomdesign.com/Custom

i got stuff off him in 2006 for my kingratcatcher

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    does Steve at SD customs still sell parts ? http://www.sdcustomdesign.com/Custom

i got stuff off him in 2006 for my kingratcatcher
    Evening peeps.

Yep, I was going to suggest also having a look at the SD Custom Design site.

Also, Nick, in case you weren't already aware of it (and assuming it's still on the go - I haven't looked in for a long while), Google up the "Airgun artisans" site. I seem to remember there were loads of tricked up Crosmans on there for inspiration / ideas.

Also, although not directly in line with what you're doing, always worth a look on Mr Gaylord's pyamydairblog. There has been a series, recently updated, on the Custom Shop 2400KT rifle by someone going by the name of "Hiveseeker". All good information.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Building a custom gun for Paul?
    You leave my LittlePaulyBoy alone, Pete.

Anyways, he's got a LONG one, the 2250XL.....EXTRA LONG, see?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Note to self, don't leave sharp edges on a spring. 5 minutes with the needle file, first shot over the chrono at 776.5 fps, close enough. Wonder if I will be allowed a plink tomorrow
    Naughty boy!

Lesson learned though, sir.

And at 776.5 fps, surely some of the shots will be bang on the magic 777!

Hope you get your plink in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I fancy a project gun of some sort. Probably an old HW rifle of some form to refurbish.
    Older HWs for refurb projects normally not too hard to come by, Mike.

And I wonder if Mel (Chippendale) still has that tempting Mark 2 Airsporter for sale?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    You leave my LittlePaulyBoy alone, Pete.

Anyways, he's got a LONG one, the 2250XL.....EXTRA LONG, see?
    Cheers Tone, they always pick on me when you're 'away'
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Cheers Tone, they always pick on me when you're 'away'
    Never you worry yourself my friend...I've always got one eye on the naughty peeps.

Potential new recruit......

And due a dose of Zebedee stalking.....

Sarah had to take Frankie to the doctors earlier. He lives just across the cul de sac from us. I don't know how they got onto the subject, but he has "at least two Airguns". One's a CO2, the other unknown. And he has nowhere ro shoot other than his back garden. Sarah told him about The Bash.

A visit is on the cards very soon to see what he's got and what he might be interested in and, hopefully, get him down to our beloved little Field of Joy.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And due a dose of Zebedee stalking.....

Sarah had to take Frankie to the doctors earlier. He lives just across the cul de sac from us. I don't know how they got onto the subject, but he has "at least two Airguns". One's a CO2, the other unknown. And he has nowhere ro shoot other than his back garden. Sarah told him about The Bash.

A visit is on the cards very soon to see what he's got and what he might be interested in and, hopefully, get him down to our beloved little Field of Joy.
    Nice one Tone and it's always nice to have a fellow airgunner as a neighbour and if he has a long garden you could always go over to 'borrow a cup of sugar'
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Nice one Tone and it's always nice to have a fellow airgunner as a neighbour and if he has a long garden you could always go over to 'borrow a cup of sugar'
    Indeedy, Pauly.

Although I'm not totally sure, I think his garden won't be particularly long.....but longer than ours!

Will be investigating as soon as is practical / polite.