Page 173 of 208 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

HFT? You've no worries about any competitive shooting at the bash, Gareth.

You can't organise this bunch to do anything properly.

It'd be like trying to round up a herd of cats.
    Then it truly does sound like I'd fit right in? ... Laters Chaps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hopefully your Little Irish Chappy will now remain for a settled period, Pauly.

Yep, I wasn't sure last week if I would be off as normal today or not because, usually, the miserable cult says we must work any normal days off between Christmas and the New Year, because he's been so kind as to let us have Christmas Day and Boxing Day off.
    But, this time, due to him taking the p--s with our money for December, January and February we all thought "knackers to you matey" and are having our days off. Got to feel sorry for the greedy twat really.....NOT....driving about in his R8 with expensive, aftermarket wheels, his Audi "winter" estate and I'm sure he'll not be freezing HIS knackers off whilst away in Spain and we're earning him some coin!

Bit of a disappointing session with the pistol today, matey. It was dark when we got home, so a hallway session ensued. The only thing is, the lighting down the hallway was doing weird things with the fore sight, going all silvery and odd. Kept losing it. So, groups were well below expected. I'm pretty sure it isn't down to the pistol or the ammo and I refuse to even start pointing the finger at them until I can see the sight properly! After two CO2s I packed up....pointless wasting those and more pellets.

I've never tried painting a front sight but may well look into this. Any of you Boingerpeeps done this and recommend a good paint or other option....sticker etc?
    The Irish is strong in me Tone, I will prevail

That Cult of an employer WILL get his comeuppance Prick !! Why don't 'they' realise that proper, honest, understanding people management is good business sense ??? A bit indulgent but, it's stood me in good stead albeit, I do it naturally.

Mmmm, shame you had a negative plinking experience matey. Sounds like lighting issues and not necessarily the sights themselves ? I wouldn't paint just yet in my very humble opinion, persevere with a few more daylight plinks mate.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I've never tried painting a front sight but may well look into this. Any of you Boingerpeeps done this and recommend a good paint or other option....sticker etc?
    I would be tempted to experiment with the sticky bits of different colour post it notes or something similar and then paint it if it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I would be tempted to experiment with the sticky bits of different colour post it notes or something similar and then paint it if it works for you.
    Yep, I was thinking along those lines, Mike.

Must give it a try. I've never had to do anything like this in all my years of shooting. Most of my shooting has been with rifles - and mainly outdoors. But even down the hallway I've been okay with open sights on a rifle.

We have a little spotlight thing which I can try. So, knock the hallway light off and just illuminating the target area should work, methinks. It's the way the light reflects on the foresight that's causing the issue on the Crosman foresight. And, like you'll already realise, shooting on opens, especially with a pistol, is all about keeping that foresight in focus.

I also seem to remember reading that some people used to apply Tipex on them?

And, although lots of people seem to knock them, I've never had any such issues with the TruGlo sights on my HW40 and 45.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    The Irish is strong in me Tone, I will prevail

That Cult of an employer WILL get his comeuppance Prick !! Why don't 'they' realise that proper, honest, understanding people management is good business sense ??? A bit indulgent but, it's stood me in good stead albeit, I do it naturally.

Mmmm, shame you had a negative plinking experience matey. Sounds like lighting issues and not necessarily the sights themselves ? I wouldn't paint just yet in my very humble opinion, persevere with a few more daylight plinks mate.
    He has had quite a few "twat fines" already, Pauly, and will continue to do so. In the long run, he'll be losing out far more than he thinks he's saving!

As per above post, Pauly, yes, definitely lighting issues. No lights = no problem. So, in the dark, lighting up just the target area should work. They were fine in daylight the other day. And I know it's only a cheapy plinker, but I'm expecting decent accuracy out of this thing, judging by the on-line reports. The trigger's pretty usable with a little time to get acquainted, too. And it does seem to have plenty of poke. It'll be a supreme can mangler, but I want it to far surpass such fun tasks. Regularly ringing Les's bell target is the goal.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Must give it a try. I've never had to do anything like this in all my years of shooting. Most of my shooting has been with rifles - and mainly outdoors. But even down the hallway I've been okay with open sights on a rifle.

We have a little spotlight thing which I can try. So, knock the hallway light off and just illuminating the target area should work, methinks. It's the way the light reflects on the foresight that's causing the issue on the Crosman foresight. And, like you'll already realise, shooting on opens, especially with a pistol, is all about keeping that foresight in focus.

And, although lots of people seem to knock them, I've never had any such issues with the TruGlo sights on my HW40 and 45.
    I'm not sure why people don't like the TruGlo sights. I've got two 45's and a 40 and I love the sights on them. I also have a 75 with plain sights and I like that too. I certainly wouldn't change any of them. I've also got a biathlon trainer cheap and cheerful rifle with a basic diopter rear sight and yellow fibre optic foresight. For a cheapy the accuracy is unbelievable.

I'm a bit lost now lads so I shall just read and learn. I have 'hard' sights on my Hatsan ('V'' plate rear and blade on front) and fibre optics on my HW45. I fair better with the former.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

It was indeed me who ended up with it. Certainly brought on some nostalgic feelings from when I had one as a kid
    And very lovely it is too, Mike.

I still think PaulyBoy really ought to add one to his growing collection, too.

Absolutely. I reckon they are a cracking rifle. My biggest regret is that when I was 17 I had a 35 with the thumbhole stock and let it go. They are pretty collectible now

I'm a bit lost now lads so I shall just read and learn. I have 'hard' sights on my Hatsan ('V'' plate rear and blade on front) and fibre optics on my HW45. I fair better with the former.
    I have no issues with any of my other open sighted pistols and rifles, Pauly.

Occasionally, at close range (like down the hallway) the foresight may go "fuzzy", so I take a break and it's okay again. The issue I'm having with this one (and my Crosman 1377 pump up, too) is when shooting indoors with the hallway lights on. Must be something to do with the angle that the foresight blade is cut away at, and maybe the material. It goes all weird and "silvery" looking so you keep "losing" it. So, not exactly good when the foresight is the main thing we're concentrating on when shooting on opens!

As I say, fine outside. And I bet fine inside if the room you're shooting from is dark but the target area bright.

A nice luminous dot at the top of the foresight would be nice!

Mmmm, I just don't know Tone, it may just be the one I need to add but I've got this childish thing that 'wants' more power ?? I know the 35 is accurate but........ so are my rifles listed below, so, why would I, particularly over my 95. Happy to be convinced. BTW, I haven't shot one yet.

Absolutely. I reckon they are a cracking rifle. My biggest regret is that when I was 17 I had a 35 with the thumbhole stock and let it go. They are pretty collectible now
    Oh yes indeedy, Mike.

All's not lost, however, as you are at relatively early stages in your affliction, er, I mean, collecting career, so plenty of time to track one of those beauties down one day!

Mmmm, I just don't know Tone, it may just be the one I need to add but I've got this childish thing that 'wants' more power ?? I know the 35 is accurate but........ so are my rifles listed below, so, why would I, particularly over my 95. Happy to be convinced. BTW, I haven't shot one yet.
    Ah, Glasshopper, so you must shoot one......

They're bloody lovely, Pauly. And a true landmark rifle. And they sorta combine modern refinements (and the all-important Rekord trigger) with some genuine old school charm. Many models are ambidextrous too, Pauly.

Ah, Glasshopper, so you must shoot one......

They're bloody lovely, Pauly. And a true landmark rifle. And they sorta combine modern refinements (and the all-important Rekord trigger) with some genuine old school charm. Many models are ambidextrous too, Pauly.
    Ahhhh, Master, you tempt me yet again. My first rifle was my last, why do you tempt me so

Ahhhh, Master, you tempt me yet again. My first rifle was my last, why do you tempt me so
    I think the thing for me with the 35 is the fact that I had a couple as a kid and always regretted getting rid of them. Especially the thumbhole version. I swapped my Sega Megadrive for that one at a second hand shop. I remember my Mum and dads look of horror when I walked through the front door wielding the beast and an even bigger look of horror when they saw the empty space where my Megadrive sat. They soon put two and two together lol. The other one was a 1980 standard which I obtained by parting with a load of fishing gear. Those were the days. I think my next HW will be the 98 or 80.