Page 195 of 208 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Close your eyes, shoulder the rifle and get comfy. Open your eyes, where's the scope? Always move the scope to you rather than adjust your head to the scope.
    Cheers Nick,

I've just tried this experiment out with my TX200 which sports a 3-9 x 50 nikko sterling cheapy. Its actually surprising how much I am having to adjust afterwards.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Cheers Paul,

I've had a look at the Sportsmatch tech part and its this that has raised the question funnily enough. This is what it say on the JSRamsbottom egay listing.

SPORTSMATCH LOP32C 1" Tube Low 32mm 1 Piece Rifle Scope Mount Air Rifle Airgun
    Please ensure these mounts will suit your application by carefully checking that the tube size and base type is correct before purchasing.
    1 Piece Mount.
    Base Fitting: 9.5 - 11.5mm (3\8") Dovetails - Most popular size (suits most MODERN airguns & .22 rimfire rifles).
    Tube Size: To fit 1" (25.4mm) diameter body tube scopes.
    Front Lens Size: Up to 32mm - This figure describes the maximum size of the objective (front) lens the mount is designed for when the dovetails are flush with the barrel. Please bear in mind scopes with front PX adjustment will often need higher mounts.
    I’ve got some Sportsmatch ‘low’ and ‘medium’ unopened if you want me to send them to you if you want to try Mike ? Decide which ones and just pop them back to me or, just keep ‘em and use ‘em
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ve got some Sportsmatch ‘low’ and ‘medium’ unopened if you want me to send them to you if you want to try Mike ? Decide which ones and just pop them back to me or, just keep ‘em and use ‘em
    I'm going to say thanks very much indeed for the offer mate but I actually have a new medium sportsmatch mount sat here in front of me which I bought for a hawk vantage 3-9 x 40. When the 32mm Airmax arrives this week i'll pop it on that one and see what it looks like. cheers

Consistent and repeatable cheek-weld is key, I think parallax error is a bigger factor that scope height.
    Maybe I’m ‘odd’ (yeah, yeah, answers on a postcard) and maybe this is because I’m new and not filled with the technical knowledge, experience and ‘teaching’ you guys have had but, although comfortable cheek-weld is ‘cosy’, I personally don’t find it to be that important (for me). When shooting other folks rifles, finding the sight picture that suits me, it doesn’t matter how comfortable my cheek feels as long as I hit the target. Yeah, if your plinking all day long, I get that it might be quite restful to have your cheek on a bit of wood all day but, scope as close to the barrel seems to work for me
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

T20

How you doing Mick?

I’ve encountered two people in the past few weeks who have both suffered from labarythitis and although like you, haven’t found a ‘medicinal’ cure, they have been fortunate enough for it to just ‘go away’ of its own accord after many, many weeks.

I do hope you are feeling better mate ?

Where’s Our Tony ?

How you doing Mick?

I’ve encountered two people in the past few weeks who have both suffered from labarythitis and although like you, haven’t found a ‘medicinal’ cure, they have been fortunate enough for it to just ‘go away’ of its own accord after many, many weeks.

I do hope you are feeling better mate ?
    I'm still no better, Paul.

I saw my Physio on Thursday night to get some new exercises, and doing these make me feel really dizzy and induce a Migraine, so I'm having to eat sea sickness tablets and Paracetamol tablets until I get used to the new regime --- except for that, all is good at Quigley Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Huge lump of an air rifle Tone and not too user friendly unless you're an Arnie clone. Always thought they'd make decent FAC potential but then you're getting into Eliminator territory.
    The Theoben TB version is nicer to shoulder as is the Euro. I wouldnt mind one of those !
    It's one of the very few HW rifles that I don't own, John.

Sometimes I think that I really did ought to try and get one one day. But you sometimes see not too flattering posts about them and that they'll offer no advantage over a springer and I can shelve the idea.

But then, when a shooter with Baxterbasics' credentials sings their praises, you kinda have to take note.

Money will be extremely tight for the foreseeable future, quelling any temptation, but you never know.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I’ve consigned my HW90 to the loft for now. I spent so much time trying to find what was wrong with it and then sourcing and waiting for a new barrel for it then to find the stock screws had been so far screwed in that they were interfering with the cocking mechanism, a few washers will sort that once I’ve found some that fit but, I’m still not feeling the ‘love’ for it yet. I probably will at some time in the future when I’ve moved home and got myself some sort of man cave where I will have the time to get her up and running.
    I definitely will get around to it Mike. Apart from the kitchen table, I have very little decent space to ‘mess around’ with things and that really puts me off, but. all being well, this Spring will see me retired with the time, funds and space to do more tinkering with all sorts of stuff. Also, I have a few very nice rifles that could do with more use so I am thankfully spoilt for choice.

Maybe I really should have stuck with just one gun ?
    Roll on that happy day, Pauly, with more space, freedom and the time to play.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Where’s Our Tony ?
    Here I is, Pauly......BOING!

We've had our visitor again this evening.

And some VERY weird, spooky / psychic happenings.
    Last edited by TonyL; 07-01-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I'm still no better, Paul.

I saw my Physio on Thursday night to get some new exercises, and doing these make me feel really dizzy and induce a Migraine, so I'm having to eat sea sickness tablets and Paracetamol tablets until I get used to the new regime --- except for that, all is good at Quigley Hollow.
    Ahhh that’s shit mate. I wish I could wave a magic wand for you, I really do. Keep up that strong Furniss spirit mate coz I know it will be the cure very soon X

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Here I is, Pauly......BOING!

We've had our visitor again this evening.

And some VERY a weird, spooky / psychic happenings.
    Ahh, normality prevails

Do tell about the ‘spooky’ stuff Tone

Consistent and repeatable cheek-weld is key, I think parallax error is a bigger factor that scope height.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm going to say thanks very much indeed for the offer mate but I actually have a new medium sportsmatch mount sat here in front of me which I bought for a hawk vantage 3-9 x 40. When the 32mm Airmax arrives this week i'll pop it on that one and see what it looks like. cheers
    Maybe I’m ‘odd’ (yeah, yeah, answers on a postcard) and maybe this is because I’m new and not filled with the technical knowledge, experience and ‘teaching’ you guys have had but, although comfortable cheek-weld is ‘cosy’, I personally don’t find it to be that important (for me). When shooting other folks rifles, finding the sight picture that suits me, it doesn’t matter how comfortable my cheek feels as long as I hit the target. Yeah, if your plinking all day long, I get that it might be quite restful to have your cheek on a bit of wood all day but, scope as close to the barrel seems to work for me
    Very, very good points from the Tinster here.

Pauly - it's not so much about the cosiness, but about the repeatability, as Nick says. Repeatability in terms of eye positioning and also about how much or little pressure is exerted on the rifle at various contact points.

Mike, if I remember correctly, on either the Sportsmatch site or Michael Tawn's one, you'll find various dimensions of the mounts, so once you've measured the diameter of the objective, you'll know whether it will work with the low ones.

And lovely offer from The Little Pauly earlier.

.scope as close to the barrel seems to work for me
    And this is what I've always preferred personally, Pauly.

It looks much neater and more compact and I've never gone for / felt the need for large objectives.

However, a scope mounted closer to the centre line will usually be better for holdover / under at short to medium ranges. One mounted higher allows for more forgiving holdover values at ranges beyond the primary zero.

All subject to the positioning / comfort issue, obviously, as you don't want to be causing neck strain discomfort by contorting yourself down to get a proper image.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Very, very good points from the Tinster here.

Pauly - it's not so much about the cosiness, but about the repeatability, as Nick says. Repeatability in terms of eye positioning and also about how much or little pressure is exerted on the rifle at various contact points.
    I really do understand what you and Tinners are saying there and I know you are right. Maybe I’m just still tooo new to all this and struggle to express what I mean ? It’s all sinking in bit by bit and I’m lucky to have this thread to be naive in