Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers for that I know it's not absolutely confirmed yet but I can start to think v about it now .

Angry Aaaarrrgghhhh.....

Doing my head in here!

I know, it's daft and I really ought to just be happy and appreciate that I'm luckier than so many people out there, but this deciding what to have for Christmas is spinning me round in circles......

I'd just about decided, "That's it, sorted, it'll be the Vigilante". And then, last night I remembered that you can now get the sublime HW40 in .22 (I already have the .177 and LOVE it). So, a duplicate, but I bigger bore flavour. Shall I, shall I?

And then I just go back to thinking that what I really need and want is more time to actually shoot and tinker with the ones I already have. Many of which haven't been out of the cupboard in ages!
    Will an additional gun just be another that doesn't get used enough?

Shall I just get a load of pellets, which I will get to use (eventually)?

Help, boys!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Doing my head in here!

I know, it's daft and I really ought to just be happy and appreciate that I'm luckier than so many people out there, but this deciding what to have for Christmas is spinning me round in circles......

I'd just about decided, "That's it, sorted, it'll be the Vigilante". And then, last night I remembered that you can now get the sublime HW40 in .22 (I already have the .177 and LOVE it). So, a duplicate, but I bigger bore flavour. Shall I, shall I?

And then I just go back to thinking that what I really need and want is more time to actually shoot and tinker with the ones I already have. Many of which haven't been out of the cupboard in ages!

Help, boys!!
    Do you have a Webley Senior/early Premier? You won't find a nicer pistol to hold
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Yesterday I had a very pleasant afternoon with the Paul Short 97 - which having been upgraded to the titanium piston etc is my favourite springer by some margin. I set out the garden range witht he zero target out at 63 yards and just over half a tin of pellets later I was a happy man

Might do the same again later on

HW97 - full Paul Short titanium piston internals and CS stock https://imgur.com/gallery/o99az

The back garden range - 63 yards out to the zero target. https://imgur.com/gallery/ZR6xC

Zero target. The 15mm spinner above the target took some real hammer from the Paul Short 97 at 63 yards https://imgur.com/gallery/hntwA

A good afternoon - over half a tin of pellets gone up the range https://imgur.com/gallery/Ddvrg
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Yesterday I had a very pleasant afternoon with the Paul Short 97 - which having been upgraded to the titanium piston etc is my favourite springer by some margin. I set out the garden range witht he zero target out at 63 yards and just over half a tin of pellets later I was a happy man

HW97 - full Paul Short titanium piston internals and CS stock https://imgur.com/gallery/o99az

The back garden range - 63 yards out to the zero target. https://imgur.com/gallery/ZR6xC

Zero target. The 15mm spinner above the target took some real hammer from the Paul Short 97 at 63 yards https://imgur.com/gallery/hntwA

A good afternoon - over half a tin of pellets gone up the range https://imgur.com/gallery/Ddvrg
    Excellent stuff, Neil.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Happy birthdays all round!!! My mum is 82 and she's had some stories to tell too. She lived next door "literally" to a pub called the Arlington and when she was little a bomb hit the pub and all the old lathe and plaster ceilings in her home came down. Shortly after she was evacuated the pub opposite the Arlington called the Alexander Arms was hit by a bomb and it killed several of her friends. Eastbourne was the point in England where the German bombers flew over and any cargo they hadn't dropped was then offloaded onto Eastbourne on their way back. Some interesting reading online and in books regarding Eastbourne and the war. My dad lived in Eastbourne all his life too but unfortunately passed away 14 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post

Smashing looking 97 Neil. Has the edge over mine (also CS700'd) not just in terms of tune, but I see trigger guard, stock screws & cocking aid, sets yours off very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Do you have a Webley Senior/early Premier? You won't find a nicer pistol to hold
    Good thinking there, Mr Tinny Man

One of the very first airguns I ever cast eyes on was a Premier belonging to one of the local oiks on the canal bank. Liked the looks of them ever since.

But.....doubtful whether I'd find a mint, unmolested one in time for the festive period. The timeless appeal, er, appeals, but I'd want a known good one.

I do have a Brummy Tempest and I'd half considered one of the new ones, but not really quite the same, in'it?

A springer would be the ideal. I'd love the big Diana break barrel, but that'd be over budget. And my DREAM pistol would be a FWB 65.

I'd also considered the little Gamo break barrel. Is it the P900 or summat? Plastic breech housing a bit off-putting, though. Did Rhys get one for his lad at one of the Bashes?

Anyone else any experience of them?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have a very early Premier, blued steel like the Senior but with a better trigger. It is possibly 85% the size of my Tempest, but 120% times the weight. Imagine that, go on, just imagine it..
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I have a very early Premier, blued steel like the Senior but with a better trigger. It is possibly 85% the size of my Tempest, but 120% times the weight. Imagine that, go on, just imagine it..
    I'm imagining giving it a right good old fondling, Nick.

Is it a good one?

Are you selling it?

Is it cheap?

How to get Tone's head spinning even more.

Yes, smashing pistols the old Webleys, Tinbum, and weighty for their handy size. I'm privileged to own my Dad's Mk1 pistol + orig box + .177" & .22" barrels, which I've done a service on.

He bought it early 50's off a mate in the Army with him. I brought it to the last Bash. In good condn overall.

When I was a lad, I nicked it briefly for a sly shoot. He surprised me in the garden, I tossed it on the compost heap but wasn't quick enough. I deserved the slap round the face!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    My RFD has a mint second hand FWB 65 Tone, I even considered it myself but... £325 for a pistol is a bit stiff
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    My RFD has a mint second hand FWB 65 Tone, I even considered it myself but... £325 for a pistol is a bit stiff
    I was getting a little stiff too there, Pauly.

Until I saw the price!

I really don't think MrsL would stretch to that.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Bleedin' 'eck Paul. Mind you, said shop ain't known as discount cheap is it, although I've happily bought / sold there several times.

A few mths ago I gave a good mate of mine in Lincs my FWB 80 pistol. He won't sell it (he might now!) and it couldn't reside with a nicer, more deserving bloke, and I can still shoot it.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Doing my head in here!

Help, boys!!
    We're all beyond help On here Tone

I reckon get the pistol matey, it's something you don't currently own and lends itself to both indoor and out- door shooting. Yes, a HW40 in .22 would sit nicely next to your .177 version but it won't be that much different. And....... there is always your Birthday
    Last edited by NewPaul; 05-12-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22