Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    We're all beyond On here Tone

I reckon get the pistol matey, it's something you don't currently own and lends itself to both indoor and out- door shooting. Yes, a HW40 in .22 would sit nicely next to your .177 version but it won't be that much different. And....... there is always your Birthday
    Come on! It's practically a PCP!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Come on! It's practically a PCP!
    Yep, you're correct-ish there, Nick. And this BoingerNut would certainly prefer a boingery one. But, although not self-contained and recoilless, I'm guessing that it would have a little character due to its funky looks and fast-fire capability. And a pocket full of capsules would keep it shooting all day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    We're all beyond help On here Tone

I reckon get the pistol matey, it's something you don't currently own and lends itself to both indoor and out- door shooting. Yes, a HW40 in .22 would sit nicely next to your .177 version but it won't be that much different. And....... there is always your Birthday
    I think you're most possibly right, Pauly, and my thoughts do keep coming back to the Vigilante. Cheap and funky and supposedly quite accurate and totally different to anything else I have.

Take your point on the HW40. I've been thinking the same, but I do love them.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

[QUOTE=TonyL;7386065]Doing my head in here!

I know, it's daft and I really ought to just be happy and appreciate that I'm luckier than so many people out there, but this deciding what to have for Christmas is spinning me round in circles......

I'd just about decided, "That's it, sorted, it'll be the Vigilante". And then, last night I remembered that you can now get the sublime HW40 in .22 (I already have the .177 and LOVE it). So, a duplicate, but I bigger bore flavour. Shall I, shall I?

I have an HW40 in .177 and I can see why you like it. Its amazingly accurate and great value for money. I would be seriously tempted by the .22. I reckon whatever you do go for another pistol if its what you fancy. You can't have too many and its like I've explained my my better half its all their little differences that make them unique to us and the reason we need a collection.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Huh Pistols, bloody girly guns

Pete
    Pete

Aye, girls and cowards use pistols.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Just cos he has a ponytail........
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    That's good to know, I'm gonna see if I can find a local Pistol Club and hang around outside
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

[QUOTE=MikeHW45;7386447]
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I have an HW40 in .177 and I can see why you like it. Its amazingly accurate and great value for money. I would be seriously tempted by the .22. I reckon whatever you do go for another pistol if its what you fancy. You can't have too many and its like I've explained my my better half its all their little differences that make them unique to us and the reason we need a collection.
    Yep, seriously love the '40. About three years ago at a club I used to to to, at my first attempt, that little '40 acquitted itself really well against many much more experienced pistol men with expensive tackle on the 10m range. One of them looked quite pissy!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I reckon whatever you do go for another pistol if its what you fancy. You can't have too many and its like I've explained my my better half its all their little differences that make them unique to us and the reason we need a collection.
    This is my thinking too, Mike, as most of my Plinky time is at home at short range. So the challenge and lower power appeal.

Space wise, much easier to find a home for a pistol and it'll also help to redress the rifles vs pistols imbalance - currently something like 30+ vs 7 or 8 (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    This is my thinking too, Mike, as most of my Plinky time is at home at short range. So the challenge and lower power appeal.

Space wise, much easier to find a home for a pistol and it'll also help to redress the rifles vs pistols imbalance - currently something like 30+ vs 7 or 8 (I think).
    30 rifles???? Blimey I don't know if i'd have room for that lot lol. Although saying that I popped into CH Weston to have a look at the 98 again this week and there was a rather beautiful used 1 year old immaculate AA S510 in Walnut. Somehow I ended up walking out with it. There is now a padlock on the wallet and looking for a therapist that can help reduce inner temptation when browsing these shops

30 rifles???? Blimey I don't know if i'd have room for that lot lol. Although saying that I popped into CH Weston to have a look at the 98 again this week and there was a rather beautiful used 1 year old immaculate AA S510 in Walnut. Somehow I ended up walking out with it. There is now a padlock on the wallet and looking for a therapist that can help reduce inner temptation when browsing these shops
    Time then to follow Pauly's example, as I did not log after joining up, and list all yours on your signature. Helps us all keep track of you!

To resist is futile, young Grasshopper.

Enjoy your new toy.