Page 75 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

Another thanks

Yet another massive thankyou to Mick and Shirl for the sheer bliss of just being at the Hollow yesterday, wrapped in the blanket of knowledge and camaraderie which makes the bash so wonderful. Pity the wind meant the bucket didn't wave to us quite as often as usual, but it wasn't the wind which stopped me from ringing the bell on the bell target! Keep your medics on the case, and we hope to see you back in full form next year.

A big thanks to Mick and Shirl for the effort they put into this, making it the great event that it Is.
    Emma is re-registering on the forum as she can't access it under her own name because she forgot to confirm her details many years ago when she joined. She has asked me to say thank you to everyone for their support (I too, would like to thank you all). Sorry we decided to leave early but Emma was tired and we decided it best to get her home and catch up on some sleep (the real reason was I couldn't hit anything once the breeze got up, even with my pcp). Emma has had a good night's sleep and is back to her old self. We looked up the terminology of what the doctor said had happened and she had fainted due to lack of sleep and food so hopefully it was a one off occurrence.
    We are both sorry to miss out on everything yesterday bit we think it was the right thing to do.
    Baldinio, I have left the guns for Vale Boy with Mick.
    See you all in April.
    Happy shooting,
    Gary and Emma.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 29-10-2017 at 10:53 AM.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    See you in April Gary, glad to hear that you are back to your old self Emma

Pete
    Pete

I'll take this opportunity to say many thanks to Gary(GTFreight) and Paul for collecting the rifles I bought recently on the BBS and bring them to the Bash for Chris(Baldinio) to collect on behalf of me and assist the process of them wending their way north.

One of them, an early 50's Milbro Diana 27 was manufactured near Motherwell about 20 miles from where I stay, so in a way it's coming back to roost. Anyway, this 'process' is a good example of the friendliness and camaraderie that exists between many members of the BBS and in particular the attendees of the Boinger Bash at the wonderful location of Quigley Hollow, courtesy of our brilliant hosts, Mick and Shirl!

I hope Emma is feeling better now, Gary, and with both you and Baldinio only having reduced time at the Hollow due to unfortunate circumstances that prevailed, then hopefully you'll manage to have a longer vist next time round.

Many thanks once again, folks,
    A' the Best,
    Graeme

Thankyou so much to Mick and Shirl for hosting such an awesome event and thanks to absolutely everyone there for making me so welcome as a newbie. Quite daunting turning up at something like this not knowing anyone at all but for all you noobs out there contemplating it, just do it!!!! Also thanks to Nick (Tinbum) for all his assistance and bits to take the twang out of my TX200. Next year cant come soon enough!!!! cheers guys!!!

Another lesson learned. Myself and the good lady called in at the hollow on the way back from the darts exhibition earlier on today. Suddenly I realised I was at the bash but without any guns!!! I won't be making a schoolboy error like that one again! lol

Always a great time at the bash - thanks to Mick and Shirl for putting it all on ... it must be a massive amount of work.
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

A big thank you to Mick and Shirley for hosting another great Boinger bash.
    It was great to meet up with the regulars and the new attendees and I can't wait for April to come round.
    I would like to wish Mick a speedy recovery and a long over due rest,until April.
    Kind regards
    Les..

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Hi Guys,
    Sorry not to have been able to visit for a while.
    I hope that it went well for you all.
    Funnily enough I'd have been able to do next weekend as I'm only working on Sunday...
    Work has been totally mental, 30 days out of the last 33...
    British Superbikes in Assen and Brands Hatch, World Superbikes in Jerez, ballet in Edinburgh and Newcastle, rugby in Bath and Newcastle, Ice Hockey in Cardiff, Football Chelsea, Boreham wood, St Albans, St Mirren and Dundee I'm dizzy from all the flights and driving...

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Was it alright Raymond?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Many Thanks again Mick and Shirl and I really hope you get to full recovery very soon Mick.

The four days I was there went so quick and the weather was very good - perfectly sunny for good periods too. Meeting all my old friends again is always special and always great to welcome newbies as well.

Great news Emma

Oh, and thank you very much to those involved in ensuring I had a 'South facing garden' for my last night/ morning ... Gits
    Last edited by NewPaul; 29-10-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Firstly a big thanks to Mick & Shirl for putting the wonderful event together.
    I had a great time meeting friends old and new plus trying to get those targets down!
    A thanks to Dave for letting me shoot the Wiscombe, what an amazing rifle!
    Thanks to Trumpeteer for finding a HW77 in .177 for me and I reckon he will sell me an 80 next year
    It is always good to see all you folks out there and roll on April for another one!

Huge thanks to Mick and Shirl,another wonderful weekend amongst lovely people. Missing you all already, April seems soooo far away. I will have to console myself with playing crossbows till then
    Love to all

Baldy

[QUOTE=Chippendale;7368086....AND, AND, AND, I HIT THE BLOODY BUCKET yahey.

See you all in April hopefully

Cheers

Chippendale (with clothes on)[/QUOTE]

Excellent stuff, Mel.

There'll be no stopping you now!

See you in the Spring (if not before).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Yet another massive thankyou to Mick and Shirl for the sheer bliss of just being at the Hollow yesterday, wrapped in the blanket of knowledge and camaraderie which makes the bash so wonderful..
    How very nicely put, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    A big thanks to Mick and Shirl for the effort they put into this, making it the great event that it Is.
    Emma is re-registering on the forum as she can't access it under her own name because she forgot to confirm her details many years ago when she joined. She has asked me to say thank you to everyone for their support (I too, would like to thank you all). Sorry we decided to leave early but Emma was tired and we decided it best to get her home and catch up on some sleep (the real reason was I couldn't hit anything once the breeze got up, even with my pcp). Emma has had a good night's sleep and is back to her old self. We looked up the terminology of what the doctor said had happened and she had fainted due to lack of sleep and food so hopefully it was a one off occurrence.
    We are both sorry to miss out on everything yesterday bit we think it was the right thing to do.
    Baldinio, I have left the guns for Vale Boy with Mick.
    See you all in April.
    Happy shooting,
    Gary and Emma.

Sorry I didn't get to see you folks and so glad that the young lady's okay.

See you in April.