Page 78 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3106

Thread: Halloween Boinger Bash, 28th/29th October --- Event and Payment Details

-14 to go.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    -14 to go.
    Mmm, had to think about that Tone but... got it Seems such an age ago now ! (where is the 'eek' emoji ? I liked that one), I hate to think how many sleeps until the next one, I just hope I manage a couple of trips around the country to find myself with some Boinger Bashers some way or another

I've just got in from a lovely night of ratting and rabbit control with a friend from my range. We bagged between us.. Nowt !! But, as I say, a lovely evening nonetheless, you can't beat a bit of outdoors

Off to Bournemouth for a couple of days tomorrow so - Trumpetier, if you see a gun for sale down that way and you buy it, let me know mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I bet that's lovely, Neil.

Will you be making a video?

Hope you're keeping well.
    2 things there...

I dont know about a video for this as I have not had the gun apart or anything, just let Paul have it and work a litle of his magic again. He has jewelled the comp tube, fitted one of his set back brass triggers, fitted some rather splendid stock screws and screw cups and made a steel rear guide that is attached to the trigger block. I also left an australian red seal with him to fit while he has the gun apart. So most of the work was cosmetic but those last couple of details just make the thing lovely to shoot. I might do a video - we will see.

Seond question - health. I have learned that I have prostate cancer. Apparently it is early stages and very treatable so now we move on to the treatment stages. I think the one I am going to choose is called brachytherapy where they inject radioactive beads into the affected area of the prostate to kill the cancerous cells. Interesting times as they say.
    Last edited by neil180; 12-11-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

OMG Neil! Sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Mmm, had to think about that Tone but... got it Seems such an age ago now ! (where is the 'eek' emoji ? I liked that one), I hate to think how many sleeps until the next one, I just hope I manage a couple of trips around the country to find myself with some Boinger Bashers some way or another

I've just got in from a lovely night of ratting and rabbit control with a friend from my range. We bagged between us.. Nowt !! But, as I say, a lovely evening nonetheless, you can't beat a bit of outdoors

Off to Bournemouth for a couple of days tomorrow so - Trumpetier, if you see a gun for sale down that way and you buy it, let me know mate
    Yep, I daren't even start looking at those numbers to the next Bash, Pauly, as it'll do my swede in. Liked the "eek" emoji, too. But if you can schedule a trip up north in, matey, it'd be fantastic to receive you.

Okay, okay, out at night in the cold ratting may never be the same as a lovely stroll in a therapeutic paddock on a warm Summer evening, but great nonetheless and always great to be out there pitting your wits against wily quarry. Amazing how different even really familiar territory can seem under the cover of darkness and the different feel experienced and those different sounds at night.

Enjoy Bournemouth matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    2 things there...

I dont know about a video for this as I have not had the gun apart or anything, just let Paul have it and work a litle of his magic again. He has jewlelled the comp tube, fitted one of his set back brass triggers, fitted some rather splendid stck screws and screw cups and made a steel rear guide that is attached to the trigger block. I also left an australian red seal with him to fit while he has the gun apart. So most of the work was cosmetic but those last couple of details just make the thing lovely to shoot. I might do a video - we will see.

Seond question - health. I have learned that I have prostate cancer. Apparently it is early stages and very treatable so now we move on to the treatment stages. I think the one I am going to choose is called brackytherapy where they inject radioactive beads into the affected area of the prostate to kill the cancerous cells. Interesting times as they say.
    Enjoy that rifle, Neil. And, as you say, it'd be daft to pull it apart, so just shoot and enjoy.

Terrible news re the cancer, mate. But, like you say, brilliant that they've caught that bastard thing early and it's truly amazing what they can do these days. They will sort this and you'll be good as new in no time at all. Just have the faith, stay strong and be positive. And you know where I and all your Boinger Brothers are if you need us.

Thinking of you, mate....Now go kick that bastard cancer right into touch.
    Last edited by TonyL; 12-11-2017 at 08:51 AM.

So sorry to hear your news Neil. Wishing you all the best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

LOL yes my lovely little gun runner it's been a while Enjoy Bournemouth mate

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sorry to hear that Neil, good that they caught it early though.
    Best wishes

Pete
    Pete

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hey Paul
    You need to get a ratting permission in Whitechapel mate. Did the Jack the Ripper tour last night. Saw more rats than murders though

Pete
    Pete

Question PaulSE?

I think we may have asked whilst we were on the VB5 format but I can't remember seeing a reply....

Where did our new bumpety Boingereer get to? I'm sure he was hoping to get up on the Sunday?

Shout up, Paul, to let us know you're okay.

Yes, he's gone very quiet.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Yes, he's gone very quiet.
    Didn't he turn up?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Didn't he turn up?
    Think it was about 1pm when I left mate and up till then he was a no show.

Neil, just read your post mate. Very sorry to hear such horrid news, silver lining being the early diagnosis and positive outlook reference treatment. You can't keep a good man down bud