Thread: Another Parcel Force question

Another Parcel Force question

I've bought a pcp rifle from a shop not near me. 'No problem, we'll get it to a rfd near you. Parcel Force 48.'
    I collected the rifle yesterday at the chosen rfd. Got home and there's 201bar of air in it. So what's all the palaver that you can not send pcp via parcel force ? Is it that they pick who can send what and how, or have I got it wrong somewhere ?

No idea really but I always thought that maybe they trust RFD to RFD as a 'professional' service that the sender will make no mistakes in packaging etc such that the item poses no risk in transit. So for us poor mortals they have no faith in us to correctly package an item and send it in a safe state.
    Might be wrong though .... but still surprised it was sent with air in it.
    Cheers, Phil

Ok, well first off is that the RFD will have a trade account with them, which has different terms & conditions to you & I as members of the general public.

However by sending a PCP through the post fully charged he broke the rules.
    It arrived no problem so on this occasion he got away with it as do the vast majority.

But it's just like saying what's the palaver with drink driving/speeding/using a phone wile driving etc etc etc ,
    most people have done at least one & got away with it, but one day you might get caught.

As Angrybear said above. Different accounts .

Divebottlesrus can send diving tanks to an RFD but the RFD can't send them to a customer . Divebottlesrus have a different account from the RFD. The only way the RFD can use the same company as Divebottlesrus is to change their account but it's not worth doing unless they sell loads of tanks.

I tried to send one via an RFD and they could only send it if they paid for a one time delivery or changed their account. Would have cost £40 to send it. It had one year left in test so it was not worth sending it.

Different accounts means different terms in what you can send.

my post office wont send guns --or even knives -- if you don't tell them its not insured at all

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    my post office wont send guns --or even knives -- if you don't tell them its not insured at all

If you tell them it's an airgun and you want to send it by Parcel Force 48 they cannot refuse, it's a permitted item for that service.

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    Why is it not insured?
    They don't write down what is in the parcel, they just ask you.
    If you need to make a claim, it's a very good idea to photograph what is inside before closing up and the parcel just before posting.
    Print off and take the RMDG leaflet with. Maybe they just need some education?
    http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...t_July2013.pdf