Thread: Pro sport tuning

Pro sport tuning

Does anyone know of any serious pro sport modifications? Have you done some yourself or had them done?

pro sport

should be good out of the box ,if it is new give it time to run in ,these are brilliant guns.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Nice when fitted with a Vortek PG2 kit, and an easy change to make when the original spring washer start to go, when it gets a bit twangy,

Jerry

I have fitted tbt guides and shortstroke and am pleased with it. Less recoil and less hold sensitive. The heavy tophat was really difficult to remove and I think it would be quite easy to damage the spring, it also makes for stiffer cocking. Mine is .177

Quote Originally Posted by armedpiskey View Post
    Does anyone know of any serious pro sport modifications? Have you done some yourself or had them done?
    Just run it as standard to see how lucky you were with the fit of the internals. If found harsh or snappy then what others have suggested.

A.G

Yeah .

Big time .

Did you see NickG s ally Tx thread ?

Well imagine all that ,but in steel and in pro sport configuration .......oh and 300 mm of spring room !!!!

Come on Dave .show the nice people what you've been up to .....

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    I have fitted tbt guides and shortstroke and am pleased with it. Less recoil and less hold sensitive. The heavy tophat was really difficult to remove and I think it would be quite easy to damage the spring, it also makes for stiffer cocking. Mine is .177
    I have done the same as the above quote. I personally didn't have any problems with the top hat and found the TbT kit very straightforward to fit. I have done the same with two Prosports and the effect on both off them made a great rifle into a brilliant rifle. My rifle was stiffer to cock but my friends one was no different, not sure why. You can find lots of options to tune the rifle, but the TbT kit has transformed the rifle at what I regard as a cheap but very good option. It fires great from the box but as soon as mine started making noises this was option I chose and certainly not disappointed that I did. It's really case of how much you want to spend on it and what you want done. All the best, Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    Yeah .

Big time .

Did you see NickG s ally Tx thread ?

Well imagine all that ,but in steel and in pro sport configuration .......oh and 300 mm of spring room !!!!

Come on Dave .show the nice people what you've been up to .....
    Curious now

thanks for the reply's the one i have acquired is modified quite a bit and shoots very well indeed but I've run it over my skan and this is the result,
    jsb express 7.9grn 11.5fpe
    jsb exact 8.4grn 9.5fpe
    jsb heavy 10.34grn 10.2fpe

can anyone shed any light on this please?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    thanks for the reply's the one i have acquired is modified quite a bit and shoots very well indeed but I've run it over my skan and this is the result,
    jsb express 7.9grn 11.5fpe
    jsb exact 8.4grn 9.5fpe
    jsb heavy 10.34grn 10.2fpe

can anyone shed any light on this please?
    It's a slightly unnusual pattern (the first and last are to be expected, but the exacts would normally be somewhere in the middle), but if it's accurate with the expresses, just use them, job done. light shed.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    It's a slightly unnusual pattern (the first and last are to be expected, but the exacts would normally be somewhere in the middle), but if it's accurate with the expresses, just use them, job done. light shed.
    thats what i thought the 8.4 should be in the middle? maybe i hit the wrong button and put the skan back to the previous setting? will check morra and see if thats what i did???