Thread: Advise please on a 1911

Advise please on a 1911

TBH I know sod all about any thing airgun related.
    However I own a WW2 Ford jeep and I have a deac browning and M1 carbine and fancy a wartime finish 1911.
    I really cant be bothered getting a deac one so thought some sort of airgun type would be good and I get to shoot it as well!
    So,where shall I look and who would you recommend?

Tony

over 1200 posts on an airgun forum and you say that!!!

Umarex make at least one 1911.

To be honest you need to visit your local gun shop as I guess look and feel is going to be your main objective.

You'll also need to decide if you go BB or .177 pellet. If just for fun then I think BB are usually cheaper.

Any of the kwc variants will suffice as a good replica. Tangfolio, Remington, swiss arms etc.
    Be aware if you're planning to shoot it much it WILL break as they're made of cheese metal

As already said. one of the BB 1911's would be a fine fun gun. I have a RAC 1911 and that has fired many thousands of rounds and hasn't broken yet. I use it in several of the UBC competitions each month.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

You could look at the KWC range of 1911s as they do some WW11 versions.
    Umarex do a couple of bb WW11 replicas too.

Quote Originally Posted by JCB357 View Post
    As already said. one of the BB 1911's would be a fine fun gun. I have a RAC 1911 and that has fired many thousands of rounds and hasn't broken yet. I use it in several of the UBC competitions each month.
    Shooting mine the other week John and the beaver tail on the hammer flew off! Tried to gorilla glue it on but came off again on the first shot! Ok it still works but I'm a bit peeved

Would there not be an issue with having an air pistol in a public place, as aposed to a deactivated version? Just a thought!
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Would there not be an issue with having an air pistol in a public place, as aposed to a deactivated version? Just a thought!
    They have good reason and permission to be there. Lets not get paranoid.

Some of the re-enactors I've spoken to have real versions of the rifles but no ammo on their ticket.

Thumbs up

Tony, just a thought but you could use your current collection to get a powder burning (7.3) WW2 1911 and shoot it at Bisley

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Tony, just a thought but you could use your current collection to get a powder burning (7.3) WW2 1911 and shoot it at Bisley
    But I don't think it can leave Bisley for a weekend re-enactment? Which is the OPs prime objective.

Saying that, given the choice of firing a real 1911 and dressing up in costume I know which I'd be doing?
    (Sorry, doing a bit of Ronnie Reagan calling it a costume)