Thread: Grey squirrel control - Cotswolds

Grey squirrel control - Cotswolds

Hi all - just wondering if there are any like-minded airgunners who's main interest is to hunt and control Grey Squirrels.

I know, from my own experience, that there is a need, and that, in all honesty, Grey Squirrels cause far more woodland damage than deer ever do.

I am an amateur deer-stalker active in the North-Cotswolds. Some of my landowners are quite frustrated by the large amounts of Greys in their woodland, and are potentially interested in allowing a few people access to the land to control them with air rifles.

I offered to put out a few feelers and see if we can organise something.
    If you are based in The Cotswolds/Gloucestershire/ please get in touch by PM to register your interest, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you!

Erik Hamburger
    Last edited by Erik Hamburger; 10-09-2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: clarification
    DSC2, BDS Deer Manager
    Based nr. Cheltenham, Cotswolds, Gloucestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Hi all - just wondering if there are any like-minded airgunners who's main interest is to hunt and control Grey Squirrels.

I know, from my own experience, that there is a need, and that, in all honesty, Grey Squirrels cause far more woodland damage than deer ever do.

I am an amateur deer-stalker active in the North-Cotswolds. Some of my landowners are quite frustrated by the large amounts of Greys in their woodland, and are potentially interested in allowing a few people access to the land to control them with air rifles.

Get in touch please by PM to register your interest, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you!

Erik Hamburger
    I have the time, the desire and the skill but it is just too far for me on a regular basis. On a one off base I am more than happey to oblige.

A.G

squigs

I would be interested if it was a weekend thing and could camp out overnight -- I am disabled with limited walking but as long as there is somewhere to park in the woods I could cover that area

Get in touch please by PM to register your interest, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you!

Erik Hamburger
    First thing to do is get some feeders made and set up in different locations. Get the greys feeding and comfortable on the feeders and you'll be able to take more of them a lot easier.
    Sorry I can't help at the moment, but may get in touch in the future. Good Luck.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Hello Erik

I would have thought that you would have been inundated with volunteers for the task, I'd certainly be up for it if I lived nearer, and on a regular basis.

On the small shoot that I am on we have two pieces of woodland with squirrels and with each one bagged goes to help save many a song bird.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    First thing to do is get some feeders made and set up in different locations. Get the greys feeding and comfortable on the feeders and you'll be able to take more of them a lot easier.
    Sorry I can't help at the moment, but may get in touch in the future. Good Luck.
    Are we confusing my feelers with your feeders here?
    DSC2, BDS Deer Manager

If you are based in The Cotswolds/Gloucestershire/ please get in touch by PM to register your interest, and we'll take it from there.

Thank you!

Erik Hamburger
    Why don't you get one of the land owners to host a Boinger Bash. That would clear them out.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I would jump at this if closer.

I will add if you do get a good permission with loads of squirrels,

it will be the best days shooting you have ever done.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    I would be interested if it was a weekend thing and could camp out overnight -- I am disabled with limited walking but as long as there is somewhere to park in the woods I could cover that area
    Hi Clive,

I'm not a million miles from the Cotswolds - I'll pm Erik now. If we can work something out, I'll make sure you can get in there

All of the above.

I'd be interested in helping out, although I can only do it on weekends if this is of any help.

I have now contacted all who expressed an interest by PM - thank you.
    DSC2, BDS Deer Manager

Gsc

Hi Guys, Have PM'd you - hopefully not too late