Thread: Hodgdon non eu-compliant powders will no longer be shipped into UK

Hodgdon non eu-compliant powders will no longer be shipped into UK

Hodgdon has stopped shipping any non eu-compliant powders into the UK (the June 2018 changes) so once current supplies have gone that's it. The following powders are affected: Varget, Bench Mark, BLC2, H1000, H322, H335, H380, H414, H4198, H4350, H4831, H4831SC, H4895, H50BMG, LEVERevolution, Superformance, US869, Hybrid100V, Trail Boss and Retumbo.

If you looking to stock up then I understand Norman Clark have a good supply - contact andrea@normanclarkgunsmith.com

regards
    Paul

Henry Kranks going to loose some sales then, No Trailboss

I use H335 for .308 and .223... I've been recommended WildBoar as a better alternative, but it seems the whole country is out of stock of that too...

Looks like I'd better stock up on H335 while i can...

What makes a powder non-EU compliant? As we are leaving the EU, why should Hodgdon not export to the UK?
    Work them hard, treat them like heros.

Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)

It's all to do with this bit of EU regulation: Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) which was adopted in December 2006. It addresses the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment i.e. if it contains a substance on that's on the REACH restricted list it's a problem. IMR introduced a range of REACH compliant pistol and shotgun powders the tail end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    I use H335 for .308 and .223... I've been recommended WildBoar as a better alternative, but it seems the whole country is out of stock of that too...

Looks like I'd better stock up on H335 while i can...
    Hopefully someone will start brining ramshot powders back in now as it would be worth it!!
    Last edited by 223AI; 07-09-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Thanks for looking

It might be an idea to start looking at vhit powders and reload Swiss , ramshot powders as well, all are compliant
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    It might be an idea to start looking at vhit powders and reload Swiss , ramshot powders as well, all are compliant
    As I mentioned, Ramshot powders seem a bit scarse too... I've been trying for a while to get some Tac or Wild Boar, but everywhere around here is out of stock, and have been for a while.

Apparently someone rang Kranks (the importer) and asked when they were expecting the next delivery... the answer was "this year"...

Maybe worth someone driving a Transit over to Belgium..??

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    As I mentioned, Ramshot powders seem a bit scarse too... I've been trying for a while to get some Tac or Wild Boar, but everywhere around here is out of stock, and have been for a while.

Apparently someone rang Kranks (the importer) and asked when they were expecting the next delivery... the answer was "this year"...

Maybe worth someone driving a Transit over to Belgium..??
    Kranks have been saying that or 'in the next few months' for well over a year now......

I've been told its due to not enough being imported so the suppliers basically don't supply the UK anymore and also that it's due to a fire in the plant. Who knows, just wish they'd import some before I get my new rifle!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by PaulFerguson View Post
    Hodgdon has stopped shipping any non eu-compliant powders into the UK (the June 2018 changes) so once current supplies have gone that's it. The following powders are affected: Varget, Bench Mark, BLC2, H1000, H322, H335, H380, H414, H4198, H4350, H4831, H4831SC, H4895, H50BMG, LEVERevolution, Superformance, US869, Hybrid100V, Trail Boss and Retumbo.

If you looking to stock up then I understand Norman Clark have a good supply - contact andrea@normanclarkgunsmith.com

regards
    Paul
    If this truly the case it wont be just UK it will be the whole of Europe, this is too a large market for Hodgdon to loose, so look out for your favourite EU compliant powders from Hodgdon in the future

TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Treebone View Post
    If this truly the case it wont be just UK it will be the whole of Europe, this is too a large market for Hodgdon to loose, so look out for your favourite EU compliant powders from Hodgdon in the future

TB.
    But there is a reason the non compliant constituent of the powder is in there surely? If you change the constituent you change the powder, burn rate etc. so it won't be the same. I also think you probably overestimate the importance of the european market to the US manufacturers, it must be tiny compared to the home market, particularly with the amount of people already using european powders already. Look how hard it was to get Varget etc. a while back, the US market can absorb the whole supply I'm sure and why would they change powders and risk people at home changing from them. We'll be left with the newer powders that already comply, like CFE 0.223 etc. there are already compliant powders so they'll not be losing the whole market either.

Interesting that superperformance is on the list though as thats relatively new, or at least its availability of the product to reloaders is......
    Thanks for looking

Well what I do is just print new labels