Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Venom Stickers

Venom Stickers

It seems someone is doing these on evil bay..hmmm..not sure a good thing? Mach 1.5

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Utterly crap imho!

The proper paperwork is the only guarantee you have, as ever, but this seems more scam than anything.

The worst off are people like my uncle, had a Venom 80 since the early 90's but has no papers. From now on, how would you know (apart from the stock)?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

To be fair if you have a nice tidy venom rifle with a faded sticker a new one would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    To be fair if you have a nice tidy venom rifle with a faded sticker a new one would be nice
    Yeah, but, what about when these are freely fitted to non-Venom guns which are then passed on as the genuine article at a premium price?

Well out of order.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

They only sure way that you are buying a Venom is have a look on the inside. If I was a seller I would be prepared to strip the rifle in front of any prospective purchaser. Harsh but IMO the only way.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    They only sure way that you are buying a Venom is have a look on the inside. If I was a seller I would be prepared to strip the rifle in front of any prospective purchaser. Harsh but IMO the only way.

ATB
    Ian
    Is the correct answer!

Doesn't work for all tuners as grease can easily be squirted through the cocking slot.

Looks like one of the stickers is faded, very sly indeed.

Unless the name is copyrighted, what can you do?

Plenty other brands have had their logo's copied and sold on eblag.

Buyer beware is the only advice if buying a rifle that's supposedly what the seller claims it is.

Search on eblag for rifle stickers . Air arms ones .smk ones plus plenty more.
    Last edited by bighit; 08-09-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Just went on there looking for a 77 rear sight Mach and those stickers came up in the search
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    Only if you know what you're looking at, I wouldn't have a clue, same for the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Only if you know what you're looking at, I wouldn't have a clue, same for the stock.
    Then shouldn't you be taking someone with you that would?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

'Go faster' stripes for guns ! We've already had 'side pipes' scopes. Whatever next, Webber twin chokes as regulators ?

I'd love to add the Venom double cobra logo sticker to my Tomahawk to match my HW97. Its going to be vglided at some point hopefully, but i much prefer the old logo to the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Utterly crap imho!

The proper paperwork is the only guarantee you have, as ever, but this seems more scam than anything.

The worst off are people like my uncle, had a Venom 80 since the early 90's but has no papers. From now on, how would you know (apart from the stock)?

I don't have any paperwork for my 77K Venom Lazaglide but I contacted HC with the serial number & they replied that it was sold to Venom as an action only on a certain date in 1985.

It also has the Venom & Lazaglide stickers (no cobras) which are both worn & barely visible. The stock however, is standard but the internals are definitely glided.

Had a brief thought that a new sticker would be nice but then if I ever did sell it buyers might think the gun was a fake!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    I don't have any paperwork for my 77K Venom Lazaglide but I contacted HC with the serial number & they replied that it was sold to Venom as an action only on a certain date in 1985.

It also has the Venom & Lazaglide stickers (no cobras) which are both worn & barely visible. The stock however, is standard but the internals are definitely glided.

Had a brief thought that a new sticker would be nice but then if I ever did sell it buyers might think the gun was a fake!

Rob

Rob, buy the sticker. If you ever sell it you need your bumps felt! (And as I'd be the buyer, I wouldn't mind the new sticker)