Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Venom Stickers

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    ...I'm just sitting here caressing my Airmasters Chameleon 😳
    Those were the days. I'm going to get my spotting scope out and see if I can, err... spot a Chameleon from here.

We need photos!!

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Those were the days. I'm going to get my spotting scope out and see if I can, err... spot a Chameleon from here.

We need photos!!
    Just because you asked nicely, here you are, chameleon FTS.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/124581931@N06/v42inA
    Fozzy

Venom Stickers

Fozzy ...i wondered were they had come from...yes a very good replica. Hope genuine venom owners are happy with them and they don't fall in to the wrong hands so to speak. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post

Fozzy
    That old pile of poo 😂😂

Fozzy
    I'd put a pic up of mine but I can't work out how to do it 😳😂😂

Here you go Simmo, I've helped you out again. Your airmasters 77 and airmasters mastersport chameleon FT.
    https://flic.kr/p/YGasdF
    Along with a mastersport FWB and my Chameleon FTS.
    https://flic.kr/p/Y61gCW
    Fozzy
    Last edited by fozzy45; 13-09-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Here you Simmo, I've helped you out again. Your airmasters 77 and airmasters mastersport chameleon FT.
    https://flic.kr/p/YGasdF
    Along with a mastersport FWB and my Chameleon FTS.
    https://flic.kr/p/Y61gCW
    Fozzy
    Cheers bud, suppose I'd better checker your stock for doing that 😂😂

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Cheers bud, suppose I'd better checker your stock for doing that 😂😂
    You mean it's not done. 😀

You mean it's not done. 😀
    Patience young man, I've not finished sticking it back together yet after jumping up & down on it !!

Verom Stickers aren't worth the paper they are printed on.
    Loads of rifles went out of the shop without them.
    Loads got taken off straight away, as who wants a sticker on such lovely bluing?
    Loads got washed off in the rain, or just knocked off with an oily rag.

Venom Rifles are generally a factory rifle customised; usually a tune of some kind. Some reblued and some given after market stocks. Some have been reconditioned again having lost some of their lustre. Their worth is in the work done and general shooting feel. The work could be copied and some modern tunes are every bit if not better. The only provenance is the paperwork or just a good history of ownership. Between a new copy and an original to a factory is only a few £100 between all three. Value is in each rifle as a rifle: how it shoots; what it looks like; if you like it.

Nice someone has bothered having some more stickers reproduced. But anyone buying a car would look under the bonnet, not just look at the badge on the back. The very first Venoms had not much more than a good polish.
    PS, please send me three stickers. One for my Venom that has no sticker, one for my guncabinet that has touched a Venom, and one for a BSA Buccaneer that I'm going to pass off as the only Venom Buccaneer ever made because it has a sticker on to prove it

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Loads got taken off straight away, as who wants a sticker on such lovely bluing?

Venom Rifles are generally a factory rifle customised; usually a tune of some kind. Some reblued and some given after market stocks. Some have been reconditioned again having lost some of their lustre. Their worth is in the work done and general shooting feel. The work could be copied and some modern tunes are every bit if not better. The only provenance is the paperwork or just a good history of ownership. Between a new copy and an original to a factory is only a few £100 between all three. Value is in each rifle as a rifle: how it shoots; what it looks like; if you like it.

Nice someone has bothered having some more stickers reproduced. But anyone buying a car would look under the bonnet, not just look at the badge on the back. The very first Venoms had not much more than a good polish.
    PS, please send me three stickers. One for my Venom that has no sticker, one for my guncabinet that has touched a Venom, and one for a BSA Buccaneer that I'm going to pass off as the only Venom Buccaneer ever made because it has a sticker on to prove it
    I'll get them in the post straight away

Cheers, I think its actually good that someone had some made up. Just stops sticker fanciers getting too carried away, the rifles are the important bit. Hope you store them in a nice reproduction Webley box.
    If a rifle has its original stickers, price ticket, test card, or whatever comes with it when new then thats a bonus; just part of the history. Some FWB Sports came with fancy stickers on them. Lots of scopes too, those little yellow test ones! BNIB gets a little ridiculous when some rifles packaging really was just a carton. Fine for Matchbox Cars but air rifles??? Funny only Air Rifles do people get excited about, and that the fault of air pistol collectors! Just doesn't happen with Shotguns or powder burning Rifles; well unless some blaze lined presentation oak gun case.

All adds to the history that makes it all interesting.
    Its all a hobby and should be fun.
    Anyone know how many styles and variants of Venom sticker there are? I must get a better anorak.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

The great majority of Venom tuned rifles were simply out of the box jobs given a quick polish, good quality spring fitted coated in a black "tar" and had the piston seal roughened up with sandpaper on the lathe. That was unless much money was spent and you were prepared to wait

Fozzy
    Not only do we have the same rifle but it now appears we have similar tastes in cushions...
    Might start a new thread, 'readers cushions'
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

venom

I had an 80 in the early 90's, didn't know anything about venom then, I think I gave about 80 quid for it, lovely gun, shot and cocked smooth, it were a cracker but heavy, it had the venom sticker on it but no paper work, I peeled the sticker off cause I thought it looked tacky