Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom Stickers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Venom Stickers

It seems someone is doing these on evil bay..hmmm..not sure a good thing? Mach 1.5

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Utterly crap imho!

The proper paperwork is the only guarantee you have, as ever, but this seems more scam than anything.

The worst off are people like my uncle, had a Venom 80 since the early 90's but has no papers. From now on, how would you know (apart from the stock)?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

To be fair if you have a nice tidy venom rifle with a faded sticker a new one would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    To be fair if you have a nice tidy venom rifle with a faded sticker a new one would be nice
    Yeah, but, what about when these are freely fitted to non-Venom guns which are then passed on as the genuine article at a premium price?

Well out of order.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

They only sure way that you are buying a Venom is have a look on the inside. If I was a seller I would be prepared to strip the rifle in front of any prospective purchaser. Harsh but IMO the only way.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    They only sure way that you are buying a Venom is have a look on the inside. If I was a seller I would be prepared to strip the rifle in front of any prospective purchaser. Harsh but IMO the only way.

ATB
    Ian
    Is the correct answer!

Doesn't work for all tuners as grease can easily be squirted through the cocking slot.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    Only if you know what you're looking at, I wouldn't have a clue, same for the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Utterly crap imho!

The proper paperwork is the only guarantee you have, as ever, but this seems more scam than anything.

The worst off are people like my uncle, had a Venom 80 since the early 90's but has no papers. From now on, how would you know (apart from the stock)?

I don't have any paperwork for my 77K Venom Lazaglide but I contacted HC with the serial number & they replied that it was sold to Venom as an action only on a certain date in 1985.

It also has the Venom & Lazaglide stickers (no cobras) which are both worn & barely visible. The stock however, is standard but the internals are definitely glided.

Had a brief thought that a new sticker would be nice but then if I ever did sell it buyers might think the gun was a fake!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    I don't have any paperwork for my 77K Venom Lazaglide but I contacted HC with the serial number & they replied that it was sold to Venom as an action only on a certain date in 1985.

It also has the Venom & Lazaglide stickers (no cobras) which are both worn & barely visible. The stock however, is standard but the internals are definitely glided.

Had a brief thought that a new sticker would be nice but then if I ever did sell it buyers might think the gun was a fake!

Rob

Rob, buy the sticker. If you ever sell it you need your bumps felt! (And as I'd be the buyer, I wouldn't mind the new sticker)

Ok let's clear a few things up with these stickers! It's me selling them! I had these reproduced to replace some old stickers on a few of my own Venom rifles after I had them reblued! After searching long and hard all the copies that were out there were utter crap so I went to the expense of having these done! After 3 months work with the printers the end result is what is in the advert! By the way the "faded" sticker is the original I removed from one of my lazerglide 77s and submitted to the printers as a master! The finished product is correct in font, colour, size and even thickness of vinyl used! The print method is also the same as the original!
    Now just to let you know! There has been many Venom owners (some on here) who have had these stickers off me (most free of charge I will add) who are absolutely over the moon with the quality of them!!
    Then there's the people who don't like what I've done! Even to the extent that I've had shitty emails and messages off people ! One from this forum!! Yes Shauny from Swansea, you! Who then went on in his message to tell me he knows more about me than I think! Is that a threat 😂
    The intention of having these done was not to fool or mislead anyone! It was to fulfill my own requirements and some friends who I've helped out! The cost of having these done was extortionate! I'd like to re-coup some of my expenditures and help fellow owners as well! Now I can't control who sticks what sticker on what Gun, but as already stated and I own opinion also is! If your spending out on a Venom rifle then reeewrch it and check it out before parting with cash! There's more to a Venom than just a sticker!

Also how many people would be moaning if I just advertised them as ""FREE STICKERS" and I'll even pay your postage!!!!

Thank you for clearing that up Simmo.

I think folks were just a little bit concerned in your motivation for reproducing these stickers, but hopefully now they can see you're offering a genuine service for Venom owners who's guns need a reblue.

Just for the record, Shauny is not a member of this forum.

All the best Mick

I fortunately got myself a pair of new one's from Steve a few yrs ago. As said the stickers fade over time and new one's make the gun look just that bit nicer.
    I did add a protective sticker over it to protect it against future wear
    Dunno whether Steve has is own log with serial nrs of guns that came in for tune?
    ATB,
    yana

Just a quick one! Hope all that have ordered stickers from me are pleased with the end result?
    Simmo

Ordered one from Fleabay for my lazorglided HW80. Couldnt be happier. Compared it to my mates Venom HW77 now worn out sticker and its spot one. In fact he wants a new one himself.
    HW80 & John Darling devotee
    AN GOF

Venom Stickers

I have bought some of these stickers and speaking from someone who used to manufacture and apply graphics to racing cars, these are as good as you could find or manufacture.
    As a Venom owner I completely understand the concerns of the Venom community and yes, there are some individuals currently "assembling" Venom guns on various sites for purposes unknown.
    Of course, fake Venoms will get by the unwary, but for those who have done their homework, a fresh sticker is not the decider for handing over serious money.
    There are ways to confirm a true Venom rifles authenticity and like buying a car, condition, history, and mechanical inspection are all serious pointers to a genuine buy.
    These stickers could have been reproduced for many years under the radar and it is likely they have been. Any professional faker will already be at work and not waiting for these to arrive on the market.
    I for one am not worried.