Thread: My last springer purchase.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Daz and thanks to you all.

Of course we have all said this will be the last one. But springers are addictive. You can't have too many of them.

I once had two large extra deep cabinets full of them. But all I seemed to do was get them out, look at them, wipe them over and put them back.

There will always be two you automatically pick up and the rest get neglected.

But this time I am determined not to go down that road again. For one thing I can no longer afford it. I am retired now, and have a couple of other interests that also soak up a bit of cash.

One more springer should do it for me.

Well, maybe two max.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Ultimately it's whatever floats your boat Arthur: personally I'd plonk for the 77 (no surprise there).

One thing that might be worth considering, for the sake of variety, is a selection of different stocks. I have 4 for my 77's. The original mk1, a 97, a cs800 and the current mk3. If for any reason you feel things going a little 'stale' then simply swap the stock and enjoy a 'new' gun all over again. It works for me.

I'm itching for a HW98 but the 'instruction manual' on the action is my reason for saying NO to a brand new one. Come on Mr W screw the nut, get rid of the writing - it's a tacky unnecessary addition that spoils the looks of the range. Go back to the smooth classy lines of earlier days and I'll buy one straight away.
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 16-09-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Hi Arthur, if you don't mind a drive, there's a really nice hw35e in Tyne and Wear on freeads for £250, comes with a decent scope and slip, atb Daz

If I'm shooting at targets and I'm not using my HW100 then it's always the 77. With minimal work (comparatively with these tuners) they shoot very well. Full length is a bit different from all the carbines we see everywhere so I'd say opt for that if it's on the cards.

Had a HW35E in .177 which turned out to be a pile of excrement so I don't think I'll ever have one again. I'll admit there are some decent ones out there though.