Thread: My last springer purchase.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My last springer purchase.

Don't want to get into a calibre debate, or HW vs AA debate.

I've had them all in 177 over the years, and have made up my own mind.

I am a born again 22 shooter and, whatever the virtues of the TX, I prefer Weihrauchs.

So my choice will be between two guns that are very different. The HW35E from a British retailer will set me back almost 300 quid. I have hungered for one of these for many years, and can't abide the thought of going to my grave without having one. Even though they are pretty heavy,. I could always put a simple light weight scope on one, and I am confident that I will really enjoy shooting it.

Unfortunately, I happen to feel the same way about the HW77. A totally different gun I know, considerably heavier in carbine version, and a great lump in full length.

Unfortunately I have a preference for the full length version of this gun. I don't normally like very heavy guns. Although I shoot from the bench, the thought of dragging a heavy springer across a car park and up a couple of flights of stairs to the range is a daunting prospect at my age.

However, like many old farts, I do like retro and have got a bit fed up with the fashion for carbines. My 99s is great for standing shots but I am looking for a bench rest gun.

I am an old geezer on fixed income, and can't afford to chop and change like I did in the past. Currently I have a HW99s in 22, HW30s Kit in 177 and Walther LGV in 177.

I have owned 35 and the 77K but in 177, so I am not unfamiliar with both guns, but believe I would prefer them in 22.

So, what do you reckon?

I would appreciate any responses, but especially from 22 Weihrauch enthusiasts.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 08-09-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.