Thread: My last springer purchase.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Don't want to get into a calibre debate, or HW vs AA debate.

I've had them all in 177 over the years, and have made up my own mind.

I am a born again 22 shooter and, whatever the virtues of the TX, I prefer Weihrauchs.

So my choice will be between two guns that are very different. The HW35E from a British retailer will set me back almost 300 quid. I have hungered for one of these for many years, and can't abide the thought of going to my grave without having one. Even though they are pretty heavy,. I could always put a simple light weight scope on one, and I am confident that I will really enjoy shooting it.

Unfortunately, I happen to feel the same way about the HW77. A totally different gun I know, considerably heavier in carbine version, and a great lump in full length.

Unfortunately I have a preference for the full length version of this gun. I don't normally like very heavy guns. Although I shoot from the bench, the thought of dragging a heavy springer across a car park and up a couple of flights of stairs to the range is a daunting prospect at my age.

However, like many old farts, I do like retro and have got a bit fed up with the fashion for carbines. My 99s is great for standing shots but I am looking for a bench rest gun.

I am an old geezer on fixed income, and can't afford to chop and change like I did in the past. Currently I have a HW99s in 22, HW30s Kit in 177 and Walther LGV in 177.

I have owned 35 and the 77K but in 177, so I am not unfamiliar with both guns, but believe I would prefer them in 22.

So, what do you reckon?

I would appreciate any responses, but especially from 22 Weihrauch enthusiasts.
    I'd love a 77 .22 in the Summer Forest stock.

A.G

Three hundred and fifty pounds should get you both 35 and 77 if you don't mind second hand and being a little patient.

That's a really tough one, Arthur, as they're both lovely.

As above, I think you're going to have to have both of them.

Oh, and......last springer purchase? Don't think so........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!