Hello mate, I shoot outdoors in open fields and enclosed woodland, simply because it makes a change to shooting scoped guns and its more challenging. The distances vary between 10m and 50m, though I'd like to push the rifle to its absolute limits and will probably push the distances out to 75m or so. Just because I can and to see how it performs. Its purely for the challenge and I use shoot n see targets to see how the groups are stacking up.

I was looking at the 565 as a way of covering all bases without spending an absolute fortune, but as you've mentioned that I wont need the polarisers, I'm thinking I might be better off with maybe a Gehmann 566, which is simply the adjustable iris and filters, which are yellow, green, brown, lt grey, dk grey and orange and offers a filter free option too.

That said there is only £30 difference betwen the two, which is why I thought maybe go for the 565 and have the polarisers for those just in case moments.

Or would the polarier option simply be a waste of cash ?

Also, is there any reason to buy either Gehmann or Centra over each other, or are they pretty much the same quality ?

cheers

Ian