Hi Ian,

Given that the LGM2 is a .177 6 ft\lb target air rifle, optimised for 10m standing, I really cannot see that spending £120+ on a rear sight iris is going to make any appreciable difference to the outcome. There are so many variables in the situation you describe that sighting errors due to discrimination are well down the list. The biggest sighting issue you face is selection of the appropriate foresight element for the conditions, given that you are probably using non-proportional targets, i.e. aiming mark size does not vary to provide the same sight picture at each range. I wouldn't go much further than sticking a cardboard tube protruding about 2.5cm in the foresight in bright conditions. This will help maintain a clear and glare free picture. Beyond that I would advise you to save your money.

All the kit you are looking at is intended for use on target rifles costing £2k - Sky's the limit! You are going to be using them in well defined circumstances so spending another £150-200 on sight accessories to attempt to mitigate the effect of conditions makes sense. But with what you have described, I just cannot see that you are going to achieve any tangible benefit.

Rutty