Thread: Walther rotex vs gamo phox

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Walther rotex vs gamo phox

Which would you choose out of these two. Both seem cracking packages for the price.

secretagentmole Guest
    The Phox has the added advantage of coming with a pump, hell buy it from Pellpax and the only thing they do not include is rabbits and pigeons!

The Phox is based on the Ultra, the trigger is a Gamo SAT, it works. I have one. Never got the pump, or the scope either, I had both so used them to get money off the package at the gun shop!

Had a Rotex, the first one was woefully underpowered, the second was ok, just did not feel right, the Phox does!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    The Phox has the added advantage of coming with a pump, hell buy it from Pellpax and the only thing they do not include is rabbits and pigeons!

The Phox is based on the Ultra, the trigger is a Gamo SAT, it works. I have one. Never got the pump, or the scope either, I had both so used them to get money off the package at the gun shop!

Had a Rotex, the first one was woefully underpowered, the second was ok, just did not feel right, the Phox does!

Saw the phox package today and couldn't believe the price. Been out of air gunning for about three years and on the lookout for a new rifle. Had a scorpion and an ultra in the past. But, had a lovely tx200, so in two minds what to go back to. Got to sell a couple of shotguns first, then the new rifle will be on the cards.

secretagentmole Guest
    The Phox is based on the Ultra SE. Uses a BSA magazine, but it is only available in .22!

The Phox is based on the Ultra SE. Uses a BSA magazine, but it is only available in .22!
    It's now out in. 177

What discount did you achieve removing the scope and pump from the package deal?

Cheers

Sorry to say the Gamo Phox shares very very few parts in common with the BSA Ultra or Ultra SE. They are completely different animals.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Gamo Phox

I have a gamo phox .22 bought from a member on here. I was in two minds as I have some quality weihrauch and air arm rifles and was not expecting too much. I did completely strip it down, plus the usual de-bur, polish all internals with the correct lubes applied, PLUS a £50 trigger from Charlie de tune in USA, and have to say I love the compact size, weight, and that trigger is now sooooo crisp it shoots very accurately, and is consistent over the chrono. All in it cost me about £330 for rifle and parts and I LOVE it. Well done who ever makes the dam thing.

I've tuned a few, fitted HuMa regulators and yes they can be made to be a very consistent gun, however in my opinion and (limited) experience they may have somewhat relaxed interpretation of Q.C. at Gamo, although the examples I have seen are likely to be the ones the owners weren't too happy with. As to what proportion of good to bad ones you get in a batch I have no idea.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!