Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springer Rifle with open sights

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    As the HW95 Supermatch has an interchangeable tunnel foresight, I would suggest this with a rear, dovetail mounted dipoter would be the ultimate full power break barrel.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    some don't bother and do this
    https://imgur.com/tQGL80a
    Yeah but you need to do the cocking lever as well, I'd sooner just bide my time for a 440TH to replace my 430 with.

Tinbum, I've never been sold on a Weihrauch. Till now!

The HW80 is really looking favourable. A beautiful gun indeed and it would go just lovely with my 2 x HW45's and HW75

Basically it all depends what you want to use the rifle for (as GEEZER states in post # 5)

If its for informal back garden plinking and a bit of 10m and bell target shooting - you cant go far wrong with a HW30S with a sports peep sight. https://imgur.com/4kkhLem

If its full power you require - again a HW model, this time a '77 again with a sports peep sight. The Mk2 '77 can take the hW interchangeable element foresight. https://imgur.com/H4m4IhJ

IMO the standard '80 is to heavy and doesn't do anything a tuned '95 cant do.

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 11-09-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    The HW80 is really looking favourable. A beautiful gun indeed and it would go just lovely with my 2 x HW45's and HW75

I can't argue as I love my 80! I fitted a 98-esque barrel sleeve so it's no longer on open sights, I have also fitted a CS700 stock and short stroked it by 15mm (making it shoot like an extra heavy HW35)

It shoots as nicely as almost anything else I have.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
    Yeah but you need to do the cocking lever as well, I'd sooner just bide my time for a 440TH to replace my 430 with.
    No need to change cocking lever, the lever in the picture has not been changed

Springer

Walther Lgv ultra comp pretty damn good

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    No need to change cocking lever, the lever in the picture has not been changed
    Really? I read that the sighted ones were longer than the weighted ones and needed a shorter lever to fit. Part numbers are different as well. How did that get worked around?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
    Really? I read that the sighted ones were longer than the weighted ones and needed a shorter lever to fit. Part numbers are different as well. How did that get worked around?
    The sighted levers are shorter than the TH levers, to fit a factory TH weighted type you have to fit a longer lever with the two ball catches in the lever itself, you can see here
    https://imgur.com/mKBmcvx
    The one in the first pic in not factory, you can make one with a barrel weight and a tx ball catch.

Just for interest here is another idea you might like to try if you want to keep open sights
    https://imgur.com/qRGep6l

Back to the open sights, here are the old and the new type rear Diana sight fitted on modern underlevers
    https://imgur.com/4AlpLmQ

you know its superstar. for diopter its baikal.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Word of warning about stocks and iron sights - if you fit a CS500 (like that 95 SuperMatch has) you won't get low enough on the comb to use the opens.
    The 98 stock is fine if you're going the 95 route and would like to use a scope and opens, as would be a Tyrolean offering - but many aftermarket sporter stocks are too high to use with irons so you're better off looking at using the cheaper factory stock.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Good point Craig !
    One reason I'd opt for the 99s for iron sights. The 30 and 50 would also suffice all having a similar stock profile to a "Bavarian" stock.
    A good example is the CZ 452 rimfire standard stock which is great when using its open iron sights !
    “An airgun or two”………

A factory stocked version will also be cheaper and can always be adapted for scope use by using a comb riser/stock bag/piece of pipe lag taped on etc.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation