Thread: Umarex Colt SAA .45 Peacemaker Blued Pellet Version Review

Umarex Colt SAA .45 Peacemaker Blued Pellet Version Review

Hello Everyone, this is my full and honest review of the pellet umarex colt saa .45 peacemaker, the blued version. In this video i give you a nice close up view of the revolver, i talk about its quality and performance, and do a full in depth review, i also include some nice pictures and shooting videos..

https://youtu.be/xGZveU5-LHo

Enjoy the video and happy shooting all..
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post

Hello Everyone, this is my full and honest review of the pellet umarex colt saa .45 peacemaker, the blued version. In this video i give you a nice close up view of the revolver, i talk about its quality and performance, and do a full in depth review, i also include some nice pictures and shooting videos..

https://youtu.be/xGZveU5-LHo

Enjoy the video and happy shooting all..

ATB, Marc..
    Thank you Marc. As an owner of one of these (mine is in antique pseudo patina finish and a BB variant ), I found your reviews first class. Cheers: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi G, thanks mate I'm glad you liked the video..
    The antique versions are nice aren't they, I'm thinking about getting the NRA version next but it's very pricey so I'm not too sure..
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysili

Peacemaker

Marc I watch all you YouTube stuff and find everything you put up very interesting.
    Now I am hankering after one of these but like you I have seen the reports of those barrels bulging up on the bb version and it worries me a bit and to be honest it's putting me off a bit.
    However the version I am after is the nickel 7.5 barrel PELLET firing pistol or the NRA ltd edition ,have you heard any reports of the pellet version having the same problem or is it a different barrel setup on that one
    Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by straut; 17-09-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Life is like a toilet roll, when you get closer to the end, the quicker it goes.

The pellet versions have different and better barrels.

The bulging bb barrels seem to be limited to one chap on the Internet and seem a bit unlikely to me.
    But no doubt the 2000 rounds in a week blokes could prove me wrong.

I have had no issue with my bb Peacemakers with normal use.

My Pellet ones are a little more accurate.
    These guns are expensive now!

I think also with some of the bb version SAA's that were reported to having destroyed their barrels the cylinders were mis-timed resulting in bb's entering the forcing cone off centre.......maybe?!

The truth is shrouded in mystery,(pun intended),by the way!
    Last edited by mrto; 17-09-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by straut View Post
    I am hankering after one of these but like you I have seen the reports of those barrels bulging up on the bb version and it worries me a bit and to be honest it's putting me off a bit.
    Despite my years served at the trigger end of air gunning (lol), Co2 BB pistols are pastures new for me (got hooked after playing with my Son's Steyr A1-M9 during the summer), and subsequently I/we now have a BB firing Umarex Peacemaker, too, and I have to say I/we find it faultless and fun ...

This in mind, then, any info on the aforementioned condition as flagged (barrel bulging ??? ) will be appreciated, as (a) not ever heard of anything even remotely similar, and (b), as an engineer, without the application of heat, can not fathom how said condition could manifest? Cheers: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Despite my years served at the trigger end of air gunning (lol), Co2 BB pistols are pastures new for me (got hooked after playing with my Son's Steyr A1-M9 during the summer), and subsequently I/we now have a BB firing Umarex Peacemaker, too, and I have to say I/we find it faultless and fun ...

This in mind, then, any info on the aforementioned condition as flagged (barrel bulging ??? ) will be appreciated, as (a) not ever heard of anything even remotely similar, and (b), as an engineer, without the application of heat, can not fathom how said condition could manifest? Cheers: G.
    Ahh, what do you know (lol ) ??? Two info posts appeared while I was writing my post as above ... Thanks for the up-dates Gents, greatly appreciated ... I'll get me coat.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Good job .... An observation rather than a criticism though - get rid of that mat in the background for future ones!
    It's too 'busy' and kind of soaks up detail on what you're filming

I keep one of these by my bed, no pellets because this is for house spider season. Point blank it reduces them to unrecognisable fragments and leaves no messy carpet residue the way more traditional techniques can. It also takes out annoying house flies, the kind that keep landing on you in the night and won't take a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by robinghewitt View Post

I keep one of these by my bed, no pellets because this is for house spider season. Point blank it reduces them to unrecognisable fragments and leaves no messy carpet residue the way more traditional techniques can. It also takes out annoying house flies, the kind that keep landing on you in the night and won't take a hint.
    Lol. A quick blast of Co2, eh? Like it. ... Reminds me of my Grandad. He used to keep a 410 garden gun (converted Lee Enfield SMLE .303) loaded with home-filled cartridges containing rock salt by the back door for blasting flying rats (wood pigeons) off his cabbage seeds ... Worked a treat, didn't cause any damage beyond twenty yards, and left any effected offending woody ready plucked. That was in the 1950s though. Can you imagine a horticulturalist being allowed to get away with that these days?

Quote Originally Posted by straut View Post
    Marc I watch all you YouTube stuff and find everything you put up very interesting.
    Now I am hankering after one of these but like you I have seen the reports of those barrels bulging up on the bb version and it worries me a bit and to be honest it's putting me off a bit.
    However the version I am after is the nickel 7.5 barrel PELLET firing pistol or the NRA ltd edition ,have you heard any reports of the pellet version having the same problem or is it a different barrel setup on that one
    Cheers
    Steve
    Hi Steve, thank you mate. I'm glad you find my videos interesting
    LOL as I say in the video, to everyone thinking about buying one of these, stop thinking and buy one your not regret it, yeah 100% go for the pellet version, as gingernut also says they have a thicker and stronger steel rifled inner barrel compared to the very thin steel smoothbore barrel in the bb version which I must say is one of the thinnest I have seen, I know of about 12 of the bb version to have problems with the inner barrel and forcing cone being destroyed by passing bbs, I personally think it's down to the cylinder being slightly on line due to either improper cocking or fault, I had 3 none developed issues, I know someone had 3 they all developed the problem apparently, strange hah but I have seen quite a few other report, so even though it's rare I still recommend the pellet version over the bb version, plus the pellet version is better anyway in accuracy and slight power (not that power matters)
    I shoot a lot of RS revolvers, cartridge and black powder one of the favourites being a ruger old army and I can tell you these feel nearly as nice, I'd you got one and never even shoot it your still be happy haha.. But definitely shoot it lol..

I am also tempted on the NRA version but it's just a bit pricey for my liking, maybe even over priced, so I will most likely be going for the nickel pellet version again..
    Happy Shooting. ATB Marc

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Good job .... An observation rather than a criticism though - get rid of that mat in the background for future ones!
    It's too 'busy' and kind of soaks up detail on what you're filming
    Thanks mate, yup I totally take that on board and do it sometimes, I got a white plastic board to do some videos on your see that in some of them, that helps when doing close up tutorials or upgrade videos etc, I was going to do anyway with the tek mat in all my videos but so many people kept telling me to bring back the tek mat so I did lol, I wish I choose a plain work top when I built my man cave too late now though lol..

Oh same goes for the gloves, I don't wear them in all videos and to be totally honest, most of the time I don't wear them out of choice, I have contact dermatitis so some days my hands are either sore so I wear them or my hands just look too bad for me to comfortably put them on camera..

but at Christmas I might treat myself to a different tek mat that's not so over powering or even a different type of mat, they are definitely very good to work on though that's for sure..

Happy Shooting mate,
    ATB Marc

I like your mat Marc.
    Understand about gloves from earlier posts- must be annoying at least!

Excellent review as usual Marc. I'm the guy that had three bb versions. All developed the bulged barrel and got refunds for all. I now have all three pellet versions (I like them a lot, lol) and all are faultless after VERY extensive daily use for months. I agree with everything said in the review. Every gun is spot on for accuracy but very unforgiving. It WILL show up any fault in shooting technique which is a good thing in my book. The wear on the blued gun is apparent on mine, which disappointed me when first noticed, but now I actually like it. I'm sure "real" guns show useage wear. No wear issues with my other two versions. I don't see the hammer gap as fault in any way as it has to be that way because of the valve. Maybe they couldn't get round that design issue at the price point or I think they would have. Thanks for the review Marc.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.