Thread: feinwerkbau mod 65

feinwerkbau mod 65

hi i have one of these target pistols quite old now ,but when I cocked it this morning the cocking lever wont release it wont go back and spring is permanently under pressure , I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen could give me any advice on how release it without damaging my fingers ty
    and the beat goes on

I have only heard of this problem when the pistol has been stripped and the little spacers under the E clips have been put back in the wrong positions. As you did not strip yours perhaps something is broken or worn. You also perhaps know that the pistol will not fire if the small polyurethane safety button is worn too short, see pic..
    that normally only affects trigger operation.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I know you know....but is it fully cocked....if not the side leaver cannot be returned.

thanks for that info baz .it does seem to be fully cocked ac
    and the beat goes on

This happened to my FWB Lp80 (basically the same gun).

It is in excellent condition but probably hasn't seen much use for a long time.

Took it to Dave Mercer who opened it up and cleared out some crud.

Works fine now. Good idea, if not shooting it much, to take it out and work the cocking lever from time to time.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quite probable that there is muck, dust, pellet skirt debris or congealed oil/grease stopping the ABT releasing and allowing the cocking lever to return. The trigger blocking plate may be sticking or the slide release could also be stuck (although this should not cause the cocking lever to jam I suspect). Although the trigger may have cocked (piston and sear engaged) the ABT has to release before the cocking lever can return allowing the safety button to depress when the compression cylinder is back at home in the outer cylinder. Be very careful if trying to release the ABT, if the sear has not engaged the piston the cylinder will return under spring pressure! Keep fingers out of the loading port!
    It's a while since I dismantled one and I don't currently have a pistol or even a diagram to remind myself.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Found you a link for the diagram. I'll check my descriptions in the above post match the FWB parts descriptions.
    https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Servic...loded-drawings
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

thanks guys for all your advice its much appreciated but I think ill have to pay someone to look at it , Arthur do you think Dave Mercer would look at it for me .
    and the beat goes on