Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana prices

Diana prices

Having recently witnessed a seeming hike in Diana prices (and, I guess, dwindling sales?), I was having a sneaky look at the McAvoy site earlier and the prices on the junior models and the 280 variants now seem much more reasonable again.

So I'd envisage renewed interest in these now?

Not sure if it's a general price re-alignment or just the deals being offered by this dealer?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes, but the more grown-up ones are still pretty silly money. £400+ for a 350 or a 48?

Mmm, yep, saw that.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes, but the more grown-up ones are still pretty silly money. £400+ for a 350 or a 48?
    Will they ever learn?
    A great shame
    Dave

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    If you ever want to purchase from McAvoys Tony I can collect for you. I live near them and am always looking for an excuse to visit a field near you....

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    If you ever want to purchase from McAvoys Tony I can collect for you. I live near them and am always looking for an excuse to visit a field near you....
    Tony: DO NOT be tempted
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Hang on! has Barryg hacked Tony's account

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Prices seem to vary quite considerably from dealer to dealer. There are brand new Dianas at very good prices on the two famous gun sales sites. A dealer in Oxfordshire has the best prices. 460 Mag at £280 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Prices seem to vary quite considerably from dealer to dealer. There are brand new Dianas at very good prices on the two famous gun sales sites. A dealer in Oxfordshire has the best prices. 460 Mag at £280 for example.
    That's a lot of gun for the money. Especially in .177
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post

Finally, the 460 sold to undercut the (better) HW77. That is how it used to be, and should be, if Diana is ever going to recoup the market share it had here in the 80s/90s as a sort of German price/quality equivalent of BSA (before BSA went totally Gamo).

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Finally, the 460 sold to undercut the (better) HW77. That is how it used to be, and should be, if Diana is ever going to recoup the market share it had here in the 80s/90s as a sort of German price/quality equivalent of BSA (before BSA went totally Gamo).
    If you are comparing a 460 with a 77 I dont think you know what a 460 is the 460 is a lightweight FAC magnum plus that can shoot over 20 ft/lbs very accurately better than it can in the 12 ft/lbs version, the price is interesting at £280 as the average price is around £450 elsewhere, I wonder if it is the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    If you are comparing a 460 with a 77 I dont think you know what a 460 is the 460 is a lightweight FAC magnum plus that can shoot over 20 ft/lbs very accurately better than it can in the 12 ft/lbs version, the price is interesting at £280 as the average price is around £450 elsewhere, I wonder if it is the right price.
    I do know, actually. As you say the 460 is a magnum 20 ft/lbs gun that must be worse de-tuned to 11 ft/lbs than the 77, which is a 14-15 ft/lbs gun that can perform very well at 11-12.

As I have said before on here, I really like Dianas (current inventory includes models 5, 5G, 6G, 6M, 10, 24, 25, 26, 27S, 34, 35, 35, 36, 45, 50, 52, 66), I am just - in my view - realistic about their many strengths, but also their weaknesses.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I do know, actually. As you say the 460 is a magnum 20 ft/lbs gun that must be worse de-tuned to 11 ft/lbs than the 77, which is a 14-15 ft/lbs gun that can perform very well at 11-12.

As I have said before on here, I really like Dianas (current inventory includes models 5, 5G, 6G, 6M, 10, 24, 25, 26, 27S, 34, 35, 35, 36, 45, 50, 52, 66), I am just - in my view - realistic about their many strengths, but also their weaknesses.
    I still think the 460 is better than the HW in its class also a more modern robust design
    But the £280 one advertised looks like it has a cheap looking stock fitted I wonder if that is why it's so cheap, the early stocks were noted for their looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Tony: DO NOT be tempted
    Thanks Steve; that's a mighty generous offer, young sir.

Funds, however, dictate that no new toys can be purchased for the foreseeable. However, you're more than welcome to visit anytime matey.

PaulyBoy......it can't be THAT bad..

CAN IT??

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Having recently witnessed a seeming hike in Diana prices (and, I guess, dwindling sales?), I was having a sneaky look at the McAvoy site earlier and the prices on the junior models and the 280 variants now seem much more reasonable again.

So I'd envisage renewed interest in these now?

Not sure if it's a general price re-alignment or just the deals being offered by this dealer?
    Its because Diana was taken over by Steyr last year....
    ....but apparently quality has increased with slight improvements