Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk1 rapid

Rapid mk1

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    to fit a reg is simple just unscrew the fast flow adapter and screw in the regulator job done
    Not so easy there is no regulator off the shelf for a mk1. However there is a guy on the rapid forum that manufacturers one for a mk1. The mk2 rapids are already regulated. They are great rifles once sorted, will last a lifetime and very easy to maintain. The AK 47 of air rifles.
    Last edited by keithy; 12-09-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    mk2 rapid.22

Quote Originally Posted by mattylawrence View Post
    What's a mk 1 rapid worth? Good condition, beech stock. May have the opportunity to purchase one. How do they compare to more modern pcps
    Quote Originally Posted by mattylawrence View Post
    Obviously the first ones were unregulated, is it much of a job to retro fit one,? Any common faults to look out for?
    A rapid is to air rifles what a Harley Davidson is to motorcycles.

People like them because they are simple, honest, relatively easy to maintain & do their job very well indeed.
    They also just "feel right".
    mk1 does not necessarily mean it's old they were made alongside the mk2, but if it is an early one it may have different thread sizes to the later models.

I'm pretty sure it's this thread size issue that requires the custom bottle/regulator adaptor, if it's a later model the block is generic to all models so any reg should fit, should you decide to fit one, as said above the owners club forum has every possible piece of information you could ever need or want both as documents or direct from people who know everything there is to know & the experts who fettle them.

The down side to Rapids is that because they are relatively simple people tend to play/tinker with them, untouched examples are rare & swapping a few parts can make one model look like any other, and some people will fit FAC parts to a sub 12 which might make it worse not better
    Because of this playing/tinkering/customising value can go from £400-£650+ a good standard mk1 will be in the middle depending on calibre.

There were two Mk 1s if I am not mistaken.

The original one with the Gamo trigger is generally referred to as the Mk1.

And then there was the later unregulated one with the ambidextrous stock and new trigger, released about the same time as the Rapid MK2. Theoben actually called this the MK1 to distinguish it from the later Mk2, which was regulated.

This gives rise to some confusion when people talk about Mk1 Rapids. They should be more specific about the model.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Mk 1 rapid

I have experience of two mk 1 rapids recently both had the same problem, when set to 11 ft lb at 200 bar the power rapidly rose as the air pressure in the bottle dropped. It can be sorted but it is something to check for if you decide to buy one. This was caused by previous owners fitting modified/fac parts.
    mk2 rapid.22