Thread: Wanted: Airsporter Rear Sight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wanted: Airsporter Rear Sight

Has anyone got a rear sight please for airspoter mk4 GI 0310 worth a try
    Thank you

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Keep your eyes peeled on e-bay, but be prepared to wait.....and wait.
    I had a Mk4 project for quite a while that was missing its rear sight. I waited, and waited.....and waited. And sold the rifle. Bugger me, if a week later there were two of them being offered for sale on the bay
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

I managed to assemble one from parts bought separately on that auction site.

But as Harry said you'll need patience,the main bodies have a habit of splitting,making them like hens teeth to find intact.

Is the Mk4 unit attached with a pin or screw?.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The Mk4 rear sight is secured by a pin, which goes through a sort of "fin" set into the top of the breech end of the barrel.
    If the link works, the securing "fin" is shown in this pic of a line-up of Airsporters. Neither the pic, or the rifles belong to me.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/50505247@N02/4668902885/
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Both the pin and screw fixing units appear to be available from the usual source,but not cheap at around £30 including postage.

I've found a 15mm high windage block in the parts box,not much, but it would be a start for someone looking to build up either type of sight.

Perhaps

Looking at Harrymacs pictures, the fitted rear sights bear some degree of familiarity to my BSA scorpion pistols, one has a plastic one piece rear slide, the other a multi piece with reversible metal sight groove, from memory a fine vee and broader u. Hth David