Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springer Rifle with open sights

Springer Rifle with open sights

Here's a question for everyone. If you were going to purchase a springer for open sight use only with a budget of up to £400.00, which rifle or rifles would be at the top of your list and why?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    HW77 cos its the best, if I wanted a break barrel then it would be the HW95 Super Match
    God rest ye jelly mental men

digitaldwarf is offline A big boy did it and he ran away!
    once you have shot a lee enfield re-barreled to 7.62 nato with open sights at 100 yards everything else feels smooth
    DONT BEAM ME UP SCOTTY I'M HAVING A CR__.__..._......

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    HW77 cos its the best, if I wanted a break barrel then it would be the HW95 Super Match
    What he said. Get an HW77 full-length, and add the Weihrauch match diopter to it, or one off one of the target springers of yesterday.

You can buy one new from Sportswaffen...

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/....php/pID/27122

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...ducts_id/27122

You would have to put a UK spec spring in it but they deserve a tinbum kit from new anyway..

If you don't want a modern gun or a diopter, the look in the older secondhand market, Original Diana made very nice open sights for their break-barrels, so something like an Original Diana 27 or 35S would be a good choice.

For what purpose do you intend to use it? Garden plinking, range informal target, ratting, 10M match, bell target, hunting, HFT, FT? Different answers to all those.

If you want a 12 ft/lbs sporter type rifle, then the options include the HW77 (my choice), some of the top-end Umarex Walthers, and the Diana 52 and 54 (maybe used for the 54 for under £400). And the HW80, 85, 95, 99, Diana 31/34/36/38. And 45. The old FWB Sport. Webley Omega. BSA Superstar. Etc.

Basically any good springer that comes or came with iron sights.

I can only agree with the HW77 recommendations.

However, I'd also be having to seriously consider the classic HW35. Especially the longer barrelled 'E' version, giving a longer sight line. This rifle will also come with the interchangeable foresight elements so you can "customise" the sight picture and the low comb is perfect for open sight use.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Here's a question for everyone. If you were going to purchase a springer for open sight use only with a budget of up to £400.00, which rifle or rifles would be at the top of your list and why?
    Yes 77...

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yes yes 77...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    What he said. Get an HW77 full-length, and add the Weihrauch match diopter to it, or one off one of the target springers of yesterday.
    Yes yes yes!!!! Again 77!!!
    Lots of options too.. for stocks, tunes, etc... 77 has to be the only option
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    For what purpose do you intend to use it? Garden plinking, range informal target, ratting, 10M match, bell target, hunting, HFT, FT? Different answers to all those.

If you want a 12 ft/lbs sporter type rifle, then the options include the HW77 (my choice), some of the top-end Umarex Walthers, and the Diana 52 and 54 (maybe used for the 54 for under £400). And the HW80, 85, 95, 99, Diana 31/34/36/38. And 45. The old FWB Sport. Webley Omega. BSA Superstar. Etc.

Basically any good springer that comes or came with iron sights.
    Will be used for garden plinking and possibly I will look at joining a club in the not too distant future. For the record I have a TX200 and Theoben Evolution so have to admit I am interested in the HW80 or similar break barrel as I feel the 77 would be very similar to the TX200!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Not the smoothest springer but I am in love with my Diana K98. Nice easy sights to use. Even I can hit 30yds knock downs. Apparently it is very tunable

Pete
    Pete

That did feel very nice, Pete.

My only regret is that I couldn't catch up with you later on the Saturday afternoon for another go.

Could I have a go next month, pretty please?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    By all means Tony

Pete
    Pete

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcelt View Post
    That looks bloody lovely!

Shame its the wrong cal and so far away.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Either a 77 or 80

I have both. My 80 is a k with open sights.

I have a AA Pro elite with open sights - can't use it though because I'm a leftie and its in right handed stock - try as I might, I can't get correct eye alignment!!