Thread: Huggett or HW Silencer

Huggett or HW Silencer

Hi all.

I'm just Inquiring If there would be any difference In sound reduction, should I decide to fit a Huggett Silencer on my legal limit HW100s to replace Weihrauchs standard model,

Regards,

John

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...a-Silencer-FX/
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    No.
    Master Debater

I had a Hugget Belita and found it didn't reduce the report as well as the HW on my HW100. It did however make the rifle more pointable, so it's horses for courses. I stuck with the HW in the end.

Baldinio fitted the same Hugget to his Ultra (I think) and in all fairness, it was mouse fart quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Hi all.

I'm just Inquiring If there would be any difference In sound reduction, should I decide to fit a Huggett Silencer on my legal limit HW100s to replace Weihrauchs standard model,

Regards,

John

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...a-Silencer-FX/
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I had a Hugget Belita and found it didn't reduce the report as well as the HW on my HW100. It did however make the rifle more pointable, so it's horses for courses. I stuck with the HW in the end.

Baldinio fitted the same Hugget to his Ultra (I think) and in all fairness, it was mouse fart quiet.
    Agreed with all.. it won't be quieter but shorter. I had a belita on my R10 for farm stuff & it was 'quiet enough' for the job but not that lovely super quiet like my huntsman classic with the full length hugger shroud. I'd say you'll get away with it in most situations but a few like getting those hatrick rabbit shots will be less likely.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Weihrauch silencers are the best bang reduction per buck. Many more expensive ones make much more noise. The HW silencer is also pretty light even if it is a little bit long.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Thanks for all the swift replies lads ,

John
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

I prefer the Twink its shorter than the HW and in my opinion quieter

I just fitted a Hugget shroud kit to my HW100, definitely slightly quieter, almost the same volume but deeper in tone which means it won't carry as far.

You can fit the same moderator to 2 apparently identical guns and get substantially different results. The less air you expel per shot the less noise you make, and I'm guessing the less air you expel the smaller volume of moderator is needed to get the same result. You might get as much gain by balancing the hammer and reg as by swapping the mod. This is why you'll get 2 people giving opposing opinions on the performance of some moderators.

For a couple of years now I've toyed with the idea of doing a big moderator review, gather lots of different mods and test them all. Not saying it'll ever happen, but the idea does keep coming back.