Thread: Airgunner HW35E

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Left handed must be a bit awkward with the barrel lock.
    Not in the slightest...

This Tinbum fella seems to have built a large part of his identity and world view on hating an inanimate object. Here in the states EVERYBODY loves the HW35 and we have it from the CIA that the Queen has one propped up in the corner of her closet, hidden from the rascally great grandkids. It is only a matter of time before young George finds it and starts popping sparrows from the battlements. LLtQ!

I wouldn't rely on the CIA for their intelligence. The Royals might have some German ancestry but a HW35 is going too far. We all know that they use a Webley MKIV or Fosbery for everything including vermin. Only upstarts like 007 use things like a Walther LP53 or FWB 65 for promotional shots.

The HW35 is a bit of a Tiger Tank: Germanic, heavy and blocky. No two run the same. Not as elegant as a Webley MKIII, nor slim and sporting like a BSA Airsporter. Sure they shoot better but thats not cricket. Anyhow the Original 45 is nicer in every way; the Panther of 80's springers. The FWB Sport the prettiest of them all. All eclipsed by the Theoben Serroco.
    Last edited by Muskett; 15-09-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    Here in the states EVERYBODY loves the HW35 and we have it from the CIA that the Queen has one propped up in the corner of her closet, hidden from the rascally great grandkids.
    ' the queen' I hope you are not referring to our beloved BTDT!

A couple of years ago I managed to swap a R/H Export stock for the equivalent in L/h. I had never seen one in the flesh only in the Optima adverts of that period.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    This Tinbum fella seems to have built a large part of his identity and world view on hating an inanimate object. Here in the states EVERYBODY loves the HW35 and we have it from the CIA that the Queen has one propped up in the corner of her closet, hidden from the rascally great grandkids. It is only a matter of time before young George finds it and starts popping sparrows from the battlements. LLtQ!
    I certainly hope not because here in the UK sparrows are a protected species. It would be terrible to have a future King with a criminal record.
    I take it the sparrow is a legitimate target in the US.
    Cheers, Phil