Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
It would be nice to pretend its a joke, that somehow this travesty of an airgun is something people should aspire to, but it's not.
If they had ceased production in 1937 then maybe there would be a case for that, they didn't. They are still making it. In short it is shit. Properly shit. It looks shit, handles like shit and, well. Its just shit.

I can't stresss enough how much of a waste of money this is unless you are really after a collectible from the past.

I could never in good conscience recommend it to anyone I had any respect or affection for. There is a special page for owners, enjoy!

Just my opinion of course.
So, when Uncle Mick and I "encouraged" you to have a go with one of his (this year's April Bash) that had been lightly tickled (5mm longer stroke and 'O' ring head if I remember correctly), I seem to recall that you were most impressed with it, especially the firing cycle.

And I think you had to concede that, yes, they can shoot beautifully, just that you don't particularly like them personally? So, not making it a bad rifle, just personal opinion.

I'd be more than happy to recommend one to anyone.