Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Airgunner HW35E

Lovely, just lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have rejuvenated dozens of 35's and sent them on their merry way to a new life. The most common faults when they come in is barrel bent upwards from the breach block, barrel shims missing, open sights missing, rusty to various degrees, and when they still have original spring fitted, power down to around 7.5 to 8 ft lb.
    Also see early trigger block with wider scope grooves fitted on newer compression tube with narrower scope grooves.I can get the power up to 10.7 ft.lb. again still leaving the original spring in place with a little common mod.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 15-09-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Ive totally renovated a couple of '35s. One I built from my parts bin and the other was so knackered I felt sorry for it. The second one turned out to be a beaut - 11.7ft.bs in .22 with NO pre-load on the mainspring.

The parts are readily available both new and second hand and plentiful. Once you have a matching cylinder and end plug all the other bits are interchangeable. Its very easy to strip so you can do it dozens of times to get that perfect piston/spring combination. Ideal for someone who wants to try their hand at renovating and you end up with a classic beaut that can still hold its own against modern springers. Re blueing was done by Collin Malloy.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...?sort=4&page=1

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...?sort=6&page=1

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive totally renovated a couple of '35s. One I built from my parts bin and the other was so knackered I felt sorry for it. The second one turned out to be a beaut - 11.7ft.bs in .22 with NO pre-load on the mainspring.

The parts are readily available both new and second hand and plentiful. Once you have a matching cylinder and end plug all the other bits are interchangeable. Its very easy to strip so you can do it dozens of times to get that perfect piston/spring combination. Ideal for someone who wants to try their hand at renovating and you end up with a classic beaut that can still hold its own against modern springers. Re blueing was done by Collin Malloy.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...?sort=4&page=1

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...?sort=6&page=1
    ATB
    Ian
    Proof, if indeed any more were needed, that when the Airgun Hall of Fame becomes a rightful reality, young Jonesy will have a gallery all of his own.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Proof, if indeed any more were needed, that when the Airgun Hall of Fame becomes a rightful reality, young Jonesy will have a gallery all of his own.
    '... young Jones...' The last time I was called that I was shooting rats on Noahs Ark.

I have only ever seen one Venom HW35 but then again that could have been just 'sticker engineering'.

I have only ever seen one Venom HW35 but then again that could have been just 'sticker engineering'.
    Hi I.J.

Johnbaz, has what I firmly believe to be a Venom 35, as the action is altered just as Venom showed in their gunsmiths articles in AGW (or AG?) --- no sticker on it though.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi I.J.

Johnbaz, has what I firmly believe to be a Venom 35, as the action is altered just as Venom showed in their gunsmiths articles in AGW (or AG?) --- no sticker on it though.

All the best Mick
    Im not saying they dont exist, Ive seen the early Venom (Trapshot Of Lythe ?) adverts, its just that Ive never seen one in the flesh.

The missing badge could soon be sorted.

'... young Jones...' The last time I was called that I was shooting rats on Noahs Ark.
    Noah? Jim was a prefect at his school, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Noah? Jim was a prefect at his school, you know.
    Right. That's it! I was going to say off this thread, but with the threat of the massed ranks of the tripe guzzler and whelk muncher lining up against me, I have no choice other than to declare that I have never liked the HW35.

Im not saying they dont exist, Ive seen the early Venom (Trapshot Of Lythe ?) adverts, its just that Ive never seen one in the flesh.
    You may never see one, Cloggers. They exist but, by the time Venom started, the HW35 had been so comprehensively upstaged by the HW80, then the HW77, that comparatively few people wanted to throw money at the HW35.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Right. That's it! I was going to say off this thread, but with the threat of the massed ranks of the tripe guzzler and whelk muncher lining up against me, I have no choice other than to declare that I have never liked the HW35.

You may never see one, Cloggers. They exist but, by the time Venom started, the HW35 had been so comprehensively upstaged by the HW80, then the HW77, that comparatively few people wanted to throw money at the HW35.
    Look what Ive found. https://imgur.com/L7wQgja

Not liking the '35! Have you been nipping at the mead again?

ATB
    Ian

And again from 1984. Nice to see they recognise the superiority of the Luxus model over all others too as reflected by their pricing.

Tinners doesn't like them 'cos he's too short for these manly rifles. His CoG is also a little... low?!

Not liking the '35! Have you been nipping at the mead again?

ATB
    Ian
    Don't worry, young 'un, Jim's just trying to be all rebellious and anti-establishment. He was like this when those new-fangled horseless carriages first came along. It'll pass.

An old mate of mine's favorite gun is a '35 Export - although he's about five foot nothing and left handed.

Left handed must be a bit awkward with the barrel lock.

He's also a bit of a wierdo to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    And again from 1984. Nice to see they recognise the superiority of the Luxus model over all others too as reflected by their pricing.

Tinners doesn't like them 'cos he's too short for these manly rifles. His CoG is also a little... low?!
    Its unusual to see the Deluxe priced more expensive than the Export. I have to admit liking the Export rounded shape over the (later) Deluxe squarer profile and lack of pistol grip cap. The earlier more rounded Deluxe is a different matter. https://imgur.com/tUwKRKi

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Left handed must be a bit awkward with the barrel lock.
    Not in the slightest...