Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
From personal experience I would chose a HW100 every day of the week and twice on a weekend over any Rapid.
I had a Rapid and to this day I hate that vile thing... Inaccurate, blew seals, mag springs pinging undone, no pressure gauge, internals messed with by every previous owner and there dog (as others say). No mater how simple it is to take a rifle a part don`t.... leave it to the professionals and pay the money to have it sorted correctly. I would rather spend a bit of extra over time cash or save a bit to afford it to be done properly rather than faff myself, get it wrong possibly having acted on other folks incorrect advise and have lost my time doing it only to have to pay some who knows what they are doing to put it right.
For me the Rapid is a sadist`s choice, someone who always wants there to be something wrong to mess with or repair/replace and improve. A rifle is for shooting not taking a part every 5 minutes, Keep the HW100 and use it, enjoy shooting it.

Below are others with the same thought and feelings, we have been there and tried it so can advise first hand !

ATB

Matt
Matt, KevG can verify that mine was a rare as rockinghorse manure unmolested mark 1, still had the anti tamper in place, but still made 14 ft lb! Theoben quality was variable. Which is why mine went to see KevG who sorted it out for a price that did not make my eyes water and transformed the gun (actually made it legal for a bloody start).

It was accurate, the magazine was not a problem to load, quite simple in fact, once you got the knack of it! It was a good gun, problem is finding one that has not been in the hands of a bad tuner, there are many out there and many instructions on how to make them better, some tips are better than others, some people's abilities better than others.

If you do find one, my advice is to get it to someone who knows what they are doing, like KevG as they can sort the problems out.