Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
never said a rapid was refined.its as refined as a 68 land rover.
but does the job.at the end of the day it's about personal opinion.one man's meat one man's poison.main gripe for me with the hw100 is the two piece action block and shity reg.some of the barrels were not that good either.
kevG
Ok....but thats not answering the point. Is the Rapid as refined as an HW100. The answer is very clear.as you made the analogy...the Rapid is like a land rover and that is not refined either. The only thing I would say is that the rapid is reliable whereas the 68 isnt.

The two peice action block ....I have never had an issue with the 100s I have had other than one being bent at an RFD when being put back into a stock.
The reg....never an issue with that either.
The barrels ...well they had a dodgy batch....they also had a dodgy batch of mods too but HOW LONG was it befor Theoben came up with any sort of decent trigger at all.........the answer is YEARS. Most weirauchs have good triggers and have for donkeys years.

Your arguments dont hold water Kev 😊😊😊😊 and ya know it lad xxx

If you want meccano and like spanners the Rapid is the kiddy and if its FAC Rapid all day long. If you want refinement...untouchable magazine and cocking and smooth trigger then 100.

As for the trigger......its an essential element of any rifle. I have no grasp why you would want a gun that uses a bag of gravel in a parachute to discharge a shot. Its like a Veron with oval wheels. Might look OK but you sure as hell notice it when you operate it.