Thread: Rapid 7 pros and cons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hw59 View Post
    Thats interesting, how did you do it ?
    Hi. HW59
    I have PM you the details as the the swearing is very poor to say the least in the video but you need to watch it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    Hi. HW59
    I have PM you the details as the the swearing is very poor to say the least in the video but you need to watch it!!
    Would you PM the link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Would you PM the link please?
    Link sent by P.M.

Well lads I decided to get a mk1 and i got a lovely clean one, thing is I don't like the trigger any suggestions. Cheers.

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    fit a trigger shoe.the sears can be polished to get rid of any creep.a little trick is to use tooth past as a mild polish.
    kevG

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    fit a trigger shoe.the sears can be polished to get rid of any creep.a little trick is to use tooth past as a mild polish.
    kevG
    Then sell it and buy an Air arms 410
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie1shot View Post
    Well lads I decided to get a mk1 and i got a lovely clean one, thing is I don't like the trigger any suggestions. Cheers.
    As a number of folks have posted on this thread a Welsh Wiley or CDT trigger blade can help a lot. Or just a polish and shoe as Kev suggested.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    kevG
    Cheers kev

From personal experience I would chose a HW100 every day of the week and twice on a weekend over any Rapid.
    I had a Rapid and to this day I hate that vile thing... Inaccurate, blew seals, mag springs pinging undone, no pressure gauge, internals messed with by every previous owner and there dog (as others say). No mater how simple it is to take a rifle a part don`t.... leave it to the professionals and pay the money to have it sorted correctly. I would rather spend a bit of extra over time cash or save a bit to afford it to be done properly rather than faff myself, get it wrong possibly having acted on other folks incorrect advise and have lost my time doing it only to have to pay some who knows what they are doing to put it right.
    For me the Rapid is a sadist`s choice, someone who always wants there to be something wrong to mess with or repair/replace and improve. A rifle is for shooting not taking a part every 5 minutes, Keep the HW100 and use it, enjoy shooting it.

Below are others with the same thought and feelings, we have been there and tried it so can advise first hand !

ATB

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Reason why you should buy a Rapid.
    They are simple to work on.

Reason why you should not buy a Rapid.
    They are simple to work on, so every man and possibly his dog too have had a go at "improving" it. Finding an unmolested one is hard. Finding an unmolested one in legal limits seems to be harder, I speak from experience here, bought a later model mark 1 with anti tamper on that was running at 14 ft lb with the anti tamper block still in place!

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    .The Rapid is an agricultural gun. That's its beauty. Its also its Achilles heel as the 100 is so much more refined and capable

If you like tinkering then the Rapid offers that opportunity.

Of the two I would go 100 and if you want shot count I would convert the 100 to a capacity bottle.

The trigger and mag system on the 100 is better than the Rapid - and to get a decent trigger on a rapid, you have to go to a newer version. Most rapid triggers are either poor or agricultural too.

However, they are both good kit and do what they say on the tin. I would recommend both but having had both, I would go for the 100 every single time.

The ONLY TRUE advantage I see in the Rapid over the 100 is if you stray into FAC outputs. The 100 is great as a sub 12 but pants in FAC and the Rapid is excellent in FAC. Even then, I love my Air Ranger better.

I think overall, I prefer the sophistication and slick operation of the 100. The mag system and even the SSA just cant be touched even in todays market.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpy leon View Post
    I sold my HW100 S to fund a very nice condition mk2 in .177. Biggest air rifle related mistake I've made to date.

Even though it had numerous upgraded parts, My 100 was so much more accurate and the more easier and practical rifle to live with, I sold the rapid within a month.
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.