Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
I would not really call the hw100 refined.you only need to take a look at the reg.worked on both and I my self have 5 rapids but no hw100.think what puts some shooters of rapids is when they get a bad example that's been messed with and set up wrong.to say they are easy to work on you dont half see some cock ups.
kevG
Hmmm. so you are saying a rifle that has one of the crappest triggers on record ( and for pretty much during the greater part of its lifetime) and a sticky out mag that gets gummy is more refined than a 100 mag system. IIRC the decent trigger were Mk4 unless you count the Anschutz unit. My Mk1 was a a huge pile of poo but I loved it.

Kev I know your a Rapid nut and I agree the rapid is a fine rifle, but in no way is this gun refined. Its the whole reason why a Rapid is a Rapid.

As for the reg.....well reg or knock open valves...to be frank....both also do the job and well.

The argument is there is more than way to meter air and some like one system and others another.....

But you cannot argue that the mag system on a raid is better than the 100. I have had both and the 100 walks it. And as the mag system on a multishot is pretty much what it is all about.....

BUT......Rapids are good solid guns - on that I think we are agreed. You can certainly do a lot worse. But they are not refined at all.