Thread: Rapid 7 pros and cons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    From personal experience I would chose a HW100 every day of the week and twice on a weekend over any Rapid.
    I had a Rapid and to this day I hate that vile thing... Inaccurate, blew seals, mag springs pinging undone, no pressure gauge, internals messed with by every previous owner and there dog (as others say). No mater how simple it is to take a rifle a part don`t.... leave it to the professionals and pay the money to have it sorted correctly. I would rather spend a bit of extra over time cash or save a bit to afford it to be done properly rather than faff myself, get it wrong possibly having acted on other folks incorrect advise and have lost my time doing it only to have to pay some who knows what they are doing to put it right.
    For me the Rapid is a sadist`s choice, someone who always wants there to be something wrong to mess with or repair/replace and improve. A rifle is for shooting not taking a part every 5 minutes, Keep the HW100 and use it, enjoy shooting it.

Below are others with the same thought and feelings, we have been there and tried it so can advise first hand !

ATB

Matt
    Just as well you didnt have a Daystate then

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    Just as well you didnt have a Daystate then

I had a MK4 for 7 years without a single issue and have had a FAC Huntsman classic 6years without issue too. If i did have a problem am half hour from daystate and would have them sort it for me!
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

I had an Airwolf which was a nightmare and I have an air ranger which is sweet and a keeper. It is an FAC though which is another good FAC gun.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

What one person likes, another hates, I have 4 Rapids, I wouldn't swap any of them for an hw100.

All of mine are more accurate than me,the mk4 triggers are as good as any other I have tried, even my rapid with the gamo is fine (infact its my go to hunting gun) I must admit though some are rubbish.

Personally I like a self indexing mag, far easier to replace a mag than repair a index system that is fitted to the gun.

As for a q/f and gauge, a cheap an easy upgrade (if that's what you want) but I'm not bothered with those either, more things to go wrong.

3 of my guns have regs, they give a few extra shots with no power curve but they don't make the gun more accurate than the unregged gun.

I also like the scope mounts and the cocking bolt.

Reliability, my old mk1 has shot 100s of thousands of pellets, had it for over 20 years, only ever let me down once, a blown o ring that cost 10p and 5 mins to fix. Other than a recent service on the regs of the other 3, none have caused any issues.

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    What one person likes, another hates, I have 4 Rapids, I wouldn't swap any of them for an hw100.

All of mine are more accurate than me,the mk4 triggers are as good as any other I have tried, even my rapid with the gamo is fine (infact its my go to hunting gun) I must admit though some are rubbish.

Personally I like a self indexing mag, far easier to replace a mag than repair a index system that is fitted to the gun.

As for a q/f and gauge, a cheap an easy upgrade (if that's what you want) but I'm not bothered with those either, more things to go wrong.

3 of my guns have regs, they give a few extra shots with no power curve but they don't make the gun more accurate than the unregged gun.

I also like the scope mounts and the cocking bolt.

Reliability, my old mk1 has shot 100s of thousands of pellets, had it for over 20 years, only ever let me down once, a blown o ring that cost 10p and 5 mins to fix. Other than a recent service on the regs of the other 3, none have caused any issues.

Bb

A lot of what you say is true. You say you would not swap to.a 100 but have you owned and shot one on a regular basis.
    I have had both and if you have a mk4 trigger then thats a good place to be. Brlefore that....it was crap. Mine had a tuned Gammo.....and it was still shite. The mag isnt as good as the 100....not by any stretch of the imagination and if tlyou want to have a dedicated NV scope then the mag totally fubars that idea.
    As you say....good to have the choice. I have tried a few rifles in my time and to date..the 100 has ticked more boxes than any other rifle.
    It aint perfect...of course it isnt....i cant think.of a single rifle that is.....they aĺl have limitations. But the 100 is a great allounder and on trigger and mag system alone...its a tough act to follow.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill