Thread: Pcp question

Pcp question

So i got 2 pcp rifles.one i just bought so ill be using that all time cos its like a new toy,so my other pcp which is just in cupboard,does it make any difference if its not being used and still got 150+ air in cylinder ???,or am i best off firing the 150 off so cylinder empty ?.thanks

secretagentmole Guest
    Keep air in the gun at all times.
    It is better for the seals!
    Not so good for the walruses though!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    You need to leave the air in the cylinder, preserves the seals I believe.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Yes, keep at least 100 Bar in a pcp if being stored, note the pressure and then you will know if it has a slow leak if the pressure has dropped when you next come to use it. Keeping 100+ Bar in them keeps the seals pressed in place, all seals harden with age and as a seal hardens it doesn't easily re-seal if it has been allowed to come away from the sealing faces due to loss of pressure or being stored with no pressure in.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Ok lads thanks

THANK'S for that Rancidtom ,

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Yes, keep at least 100 Bar in a pcp if being stored, note the pressure and then you will know if it has a slow leak if the pressure has dropped when you next come to use it. Keeping 100+ Bar in them keeps the seals pressed in place, all seals harden with age and as a seal hardens it doesn't easily re-seal if it has been allowed to come away from the sealing faces due to loss of pressure or being stored with no pressure in.
    THANK'S for that Rancidtom , you no some top information. ATVB bob.