Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun repairs (north east)

gun repairs (north east)

anyone know if theres somone who repairs guns around sunderland area ?.theres a bloke in seaham supposed to be good but was going to charge me 80-100 quid to replace seals,i think he was trying to take my eyes out.ta lads

What rifle is it? and does it have anti tamper in place? £80-might might not be too bad depending on what rifle it is

Just getting inside a common rifle like a S400 with AT plugs etc takes a while.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Look at any business for the price of labour. Garages seem to be about £40 and up.

So if I takes a few hours to do the job then it will cost lots.

People don't do the jobs for free

Imagine if it was your business. Work out what you would charge for doing the work to keep the business going.

Fred in his shed won't charge the same but he won't be doing it for free

And supplying parts costs more too.

Also depends where it is leaking from. It could be more than just an O ring and spares are not cheap, add postage for the spares and it soon mounts up

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    anyone know if theres somone who repairs guns around sunderland area ?.theres a bloke in seaham supposed to be good but was going to charge me 80-100 quid to replace seals,i think he was trying to take my eyes out.ta lads
    Unless he's your mate he's going to charge you something, a bloke doing it as a "subsidised hobby" is probably going to charge £20 an hour, plus parts, a commercial gunsmith probably well over double that.

For a 5-10 minute job you might still get a freebie or "the price of a pint",
    on something simple like a Rapid it's better to buy a good "how to" dvd & learn to do it yourself, for a lot of other rifles the manufacturer/importer is as cheap as anywhere.

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Lightbulb Gun Repairs

Get in touch with "Premier Pistol" .
    he is located in Hartlepool.

Al
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    Get in touch with "Premier Pistol" .
    he is located in Hartlepool.

Al
    Tried this online search but nowt found ?
    I remember somebody else up that way called Blue Dolphin - a gunshop but with some experience of airguns ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    I remember somebody else up that way called Blue Dolphin - a gunshop but with some experience of airguns ?
    I just typed 'Premier Pistol, Hartlepool' into google and the top line was this https://www.facebook.com/premier.pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Might be this guy
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/member.php?97977-premierpistol

Is 80-100 fair then ?,i dont know ive never had a gun repaired/serviced before,the seals are only coppers to buy thats why i thought 80-100 sounds expensive,but you lads know more than me so thats for putting me right.

My guns are AAs400f and bsa ultra.both brand new i was just thinking ahead incase owt when wrong with them thats all.

a well known shop in Newcastle...£150 to change seals on fx cyclone...a matter of 3 weeks ago...raised to £250 when new regulator had to be fit

Having dealt with the "bloke in Seaham"he's very professional and does a good job,would not hessitate to go there again.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Having dealt with the "bloke in Seaham"he's very professional and does a good job,would not hessitate to go there again.
    Yea jeff hes called if its the same bloke,yea hes red hot ive heard