Thread: Is this a good deal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by al308 View Post
    I am looking to buy either an lgu or a tx200, a gun dealer near to me is offering package deals-Lgu master .177 +hawk 3-12x50 ir ao scope,gunbag and 500 vmx pellets for £460 or a tx200 mk 111 with the same options for£535,are these good deals? and which would you go for?:
    The prices are decent, if it's the right rifle & scope for you. Both the Walther and AA are quality products, I find the Walther stock dimensions don't work well for me, the AA's anti-bear trap drives me nuts etc. Something that niggles one person is unnoticed/irrelevant to another...there's no substitute for handling and trying out equipment.

The best place to do that is at the Halloween Boinger Bash , which is just down the road from you. £10 for a day might be the best cash you ever spend on airgunning, you'll get to compare more rifles & scopes than any shop and there are often second hand items for sale too. Its a good way to buy-right the first time.

The scope is heavy (24ozs) on a heavy rifle, it's a spec I've owned but didn't like. IR's have their use, but not that often, likewise 50mm objective and whilst AO gives you focus it's a bit of a pain compared to side focus. Try a few different scopes and I think you might find something preferable... probably.

Hope that helps rather than clouding the issue.

ps. You chose the right calibre.

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Always or nearly always sound advice on here.