Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Enfield BB "Rifle"

Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes, like the Umarex Walther Winchester.

Guessing here, but are the Mosin (etc) variants of a 6mm plastic ball airsoft gun? That would explain a lot.
    Good suggestion and despite the cloud of little or no information on the Net , suspect totally correct .
    I was going to buy the Mosin , sold here by the same outfit as allegedly importing the item in question , and elsewhere ( here also but mainly US ) under the Gletcher brand - but - again ZERO info .
    By that I mean real info - original manufacturer , spares parts listing .
    Nada , zilch .
    Only what Gletcher want you to read , and as for here in UK nowt at all .

Am I going to splash out £400 odd on a low power Co2 bb gun - possibly - but I like to know a bit about things to help make my mind up
    Somewhere I heard that the customer comes first ...not in gun sales .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 16-09-2017 at 12:49 PM.

It is low powered and has a dodgy folding tool/bayonet attached to the barrel.

You can get it cheaper than £400 and I assume will have a years warranty.

I doubt you will be able to get spare parts.

It actually operates nicely and certainly smoother than the real one.

Available to play with in my two local gunshops.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    It is low powered and has a dodgy folding tool/bayonet attached to the barrel.

You can get it cheaper than £400 and I assume will have a years warranty.

I doubt you will be able to get spare parts.

It actually operates nicely and certainly smoother than the real one.

Available to play with in my two local gunshops.
    Yes its got some good reviews - I have an issue of that Airgun Hobbyist with one article on this . Certainly interesting hence my interest .
    The ref to £400 was the expected cost of the SMLE and also Kar98 being imported soon , sold by merchants such as Sportsguns .
    Nobody has any info - I find that very odd .
    If / when you are in your local two shops , can you see the box for the Nagant and relate to us any manufacturers details from the carton or the Owners Sheet ? ... again as with the others the maker who I and others believe to be the same , is an unknown mystery for the Nagant .
    If the box says Gletcher or ... its not made by Gletcher .
    All very confusing .

Zamak and imitation wood ie plastic. CO2 has its uses, but bbs are crap to shoot.

Sounds like a very expensive toy to me. If you want it for a wall hanger, you'd be better off with a decent a deact.

For 400 quid you can get a HW77 in a laminated stock - steel, wood, rifled barrel, spare parts readily available, and guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Even a half decent pcp.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Obviously not a fan of bb guns ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Zamak and imitation wood ie plastic. CO2 has its uses, but bbs are crap to shoot.

Sounds like a very expensive toy to me. If you want it for a wall hanger, you'd be better off with a decent a deact.

For 400 quid you can get a HW77 in a laminated stock - steel, wood, rifled barrel, spare parts readily available, and guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Even a half decent pcp.

Not many SMLE out there - that fire anything - unless you got an Fac that is .
    The OP , myself and many others on this thread are waiting in expectation for new releases along these similar lines - K98 , Mosin , SMLE .
    We are not at all concerned with the materials used nor in any opinions on the pedigree of such .
    By nature most will be relegated to collectibles very quickly anyway .

The point I make is there is a total lack of transparency in who and where made , irrespective of the cost .
    It irks that I and others will fork out the full RRP ( and we will ) for such when we don't even know who the maker is .

AirforceOne is simply a registered marketing name owned by TSP (The Shooting Party). Obviously they have deep enough pockets to slap the AirForceOne name on product they wish to market. If you look at their full lineup you note OEM products that are manufactured by Snowpeak China, Listone in Taiwan, Nova Vista from Macau and maybe a few others.

I am not 100% certain but I think this particular SMLE model may be manufactured by Listone as I recall seeing the Nagant model on their IWA 2017 profile.

Photo: https://s26.postimg.org/o03w4um0p/listone_oem.jpg
    Last edited by Citizen K; 16-09-2017 at 04:52 PM.

I'm not against WW2 replicas. In fact, I wouldn't mind having one if they were reasonably priced..

But the prices they are going for are a joke. Cheap cast alloy and plastic are not expensive materials.

They must have an enormous mark up.

I bought a Chinese fountain pen the other day. I wanted it for the steel barrel which happens to fit onto a drawing pen I use which is a bit too long for me.

The Chinese pen is all metal and looks very elegant. The nib works fine and I almost don't want to break the pen up. Thinking of getting a bottle of writing ink and using it for letters etc. I've always liked fountain pens. I may order a couple more.

Posted from China and took about a week to arrive.

Price, including postage: £1.95
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 16-09-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    AirforceOne is simply a registered marketing name owned by TSP (The Shooting Party). Obviously they have deep enough pockets to slap the AirForceOne name on product they wish to market. If you look at their full lineup you note OEM products that are manufactured by Snowpeak China, Listone in Taiwan, Nova Vista from Macau and maybe a few others.

I am not 100% certain but I think this particular SMLE model may be manufactured by Listone as I recall seeing the Nagant model on their IWA 2017 profile.

Photo: https://s26.postimg.org/o03w4um0p/listone_oem.jpg
    So, made in Taiwan.

A bit of searching based on Listone's website also reveals the Indonesian maker Cannon, who appear to make copies of the Sharp Innova (is that the Webley Rebel?) and of a Benjamin multi-pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    So, made in Taiwan.

A bit of searching based on Listone's website also reveals the Indonesian maker Cannon, who appear to make copies of the Sharp Innova (is that the Webley Rebel?) and of a Benjamin multi-pump.

Listone
    also has a Taiwan retail shoppe for local airgunners (restricted to 2J power), as such they are agents for a quite a few well known brands.

Make no mistake though, they are deep into the OEM stuff, especially barrels, most of which you will not find on their website.

Mosin: http://www.taiwan-airgun.com/en/prod...ion.php?PNo=90

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    About bloody time they brought out a British rifle, I'll be keeping an eye out for one of these, let's hope they bring out a STEN next

Pete
    Scottish Lee grew up in Canada and lived most of his life in the US. The Lee-Enfield is as British as a Dagenham Ford. Or a Soton Transit, except the b'stards closed the plant ...
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 16-09-2017 at 06:58 PM.

I have recently spoken to one of the men behind this exiting rifle and offered them space to launch it at the Kempton Classic Arms Fair on October 15th, but it seems they may not be totally up to speed by then. I am told that they are being put through their paces and undergoing strict quality control.
    With any luck they will be on a stand by our March 25th Fair.....

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Scottish Lee grew up in Canada and lived most of his life in the US. The Lee-Enfield is as British as a Dagenham Ford. Or a Soton Transit, except the b'stards closed the plant ...
    I'm not really worried who designed it, we've had a Russian and couple of German weapons out for a while, so it's nice to see one of ours produced.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I don't care where , and I don't care who ( well it would be nice )

Sometimes the Internet does surprise me - and has it uses .
    BINGO thats the Mosin and as expected made in Far East .
    That doesn't bother me in the slightest but is nice to know where made - who made is a priority .
    As collectors , how can we enjoy using /owning a gun , that we don't know anything about !
    You would'nt tolerate it if it was a Webley , so ...
    A BIG thanks to identifying Listone et all !
    Lets sit back and hope this UK outfit can indeed get these in and out for sale .

[QUOTE=mrto;7339003]Do you know what fps you're getting from your MP40?[/QUOTE

I don't.

It's a question of taking it to the range when my mate has his chrono there.
    Rarely coincide and I'm more interested in testing stuff that needs to be under 12 ft lbs.

Same with 7 1/2 Peacemakers that I still haven't done!

The MP 40 is adequate in my opinion.

Whereas the Mosin isn't.

Energy Calc

[QUOTE=gingernut;7339784]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Do you know what fps you're getting from your MP40?[/QUOTE

I don't.

It's a question of taking it to the range when my mate has his chrono there.
    Rarely coincide and I'm more interested in testing stuff that needs to be under 12 ft lbs.

Same with 7 1/2 Peacemakers that I still haven't done!

The MP 40 is adequate in my opinion.

Whereas the Mosin isn't.
    Seems if most steel bb weigh 5gr to 5.4gr then the Umarex website claims 140m/sec .
    Using an online calculator that gives 2.3- 2.5ft/lb
    Doesn't sound great but wouldn't want to get hit in the a**** with a mag full

added :
    Tried to see online what the fps is for the Nagant - none showing on those web pages I found but see the shorty Trench Gun Nagant does 427fps accordig to Pyramidair so using their calc thats5.4gr = 2.19 ft/lb
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 17-09-2017 at 10:32 PM.