Thread: New Diana 35 Commemorative

New Diana 35 Commemorative

I see a new 35 Commemorative is available from various German outlets. Looks quite nice with a retro look. My guess is that it's based on the 280 but with shortened fore-end, Monte Carlo cheek-piece and regular open sights. Stock resembles an early Model 36 to my eyes. Not sure how many are being made and it's difficult to find out more about it with the Diana website not being updated for many months.
    An enquiry to Edgars reveals they have no plans to bring it in, but that this may change if there is demand. Of course, it would be possible to buy from Germany and re-spring if/as required. Price seems reasonable.

We will have no luck with Edgar Brothers... They are as dynamic as a concrete post !! They are not interested in air rifles unless they are made in Turkey ! Diana used to use RUAG Ammotek and they always went out of their way to obtain parts for any Diana/ Original parts I needed directly from Diana in Germany . Actually they never failed me. I called Edgar Brothers as I needed to obtain some parts for a 300R that I could not obtain in the UK .... They cut me off three times ... So, I emailed them ... Got the reply 3 weeks later saying " contact one of our retailers " ... They totally failed to read my email .... I contacted them as the Diana retailers I approached told me to contact Edgar Brothers .Now, if you call Edgar Brothers wanting to purchase shotguns or cartridges their brains engage and it's all sunshine and light !!!! Anyway , I obtain Diana/Original parts from an excellent retailer in Germany now so I've managed to bypass the system ��....
    Feel better now after a good moan .

Yes it looks quite presentable with what appears to be a lovely rich bluing.
    Not quite blinged up like other jubilee and commemorative models but still a nice looking gun.
    Has/had the 35 disappeared from the Diana line up for some time? Is this a re- introduction? I wonder if short term presence or permanent addition? I wonder if the gun is as per the old 35 dimensions or the 280? Not that I would know the dimensions of either as I don't possess either.
    But this one has certainly caught my eye despite it not being a true classic 35 in some eyes
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rapidshot View Post
    We will have no luck with Edgar Brothers... They are as dynamic as a concrete post !! They are not interested in air rifles unless they are made in Turkey ! Diana used to use RUAG Ammotek and they always went out of their way to obtain parts for any Diana/ Original parts I needed directly from Diana in Germany . Actually they never failed me. I called Edgar Brothers as I needed to obtain some parts for a 300R that I could not obtain in the UK .... They cut me off three times ... So, I emailed them ... Got the reply 3 weeks later saying " contact one of our retailers " ... They totally failed to read my email .... I contacted them as the Diana retailers I approached told me to contact Edgar Brothers .Now, if you call Edgar Brothers wanting to purchase shotguns or cartridges their brains engage and it's all sunshine and light !!!! Anyway , I obtain Diana/Original parts from an excellent retailer in Germany now so I've managed to bypass the system ��....
    Feel better now after a good moan .
    I was intrigued reading your post. Funnily enough I needed a loading pin for my 300r and after emailing a contact in Ruag before they ended the franchise, one of their staff offered to personally pick up the pin in person from Diana themselves when on a business trip there. It was only my failure to get back to them before the guy flew that the deal never came off. Now that's what I call helpful. Its a shame that there wasn't more of that about these days!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Yes it looks quite presentable with what appears to be a lovely rich bluing.
    Not quite blinged up like other jubilee and commemorative models but still a nice looking gun.
    Has/had the 35 disappeared from the Diana line up for some time? Is this a re- introduction? I wonder if short term presence or permanent addition? I wonder if the gun is as per the old 35 dimensions or the 280? Not that I would know the dimensions of either as I don't possess either.
    But this one has certainly caught my eye despite it not being a true classic 35 in some eyes
    Dave
    The old leather washered 35 was discontinued about 30 years ago and I can't see it being reproduced in that format now. The model number was resurrected a few years ago for some Middle Eastern and Asian markets. I believe that was effectively a 34 but I'm not certain.
    I've done a bit more research since the earlier post and found that the new 35 Comm appears to be a numbered special edition but I'm not sure how many have been produced. Based on the images of the gun alone, I think the cylinder length points to 280 dimensions. The 280 would lend itself to a "new" 35 in term of stroke, overall dimensions and weight. But I don't know it's origins for certain.
    Based on its relatively short stroke and availability in .177, it may shoot fine at German power levels if you don't require higher power.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    The old leather washered 35 was discontinued about 30 years ago and I can't see it being reproduced in that format now. The model number was resurrected a few years ago for some Middle Eastern and Asian markets. I believe that was effectively a 34 but I'm not certain.
    I've done a bit more research since the earlier post and found that the new 35 Comm appears to be a numbered special edition but I'm not sure how many have been produced. Based on the images of the gun alone, I think the cylinder length points to 280 dimensions. The 280 would lend itself to a "new" 35 in term of stroke, overall dimensions and weight. But I don't know it's origins for certain.
    Based on its relatively short stroke and availability in .177, it may shoot fine at German power levels if you don't require higher power.
    I am sure that the recent "35" sold in places like Pakistan and India was what the rest of us know as as a 34.

For instance:
    https://www.kotte-zeller.de/Diana-35...-shop&pi=91863
    Diana commemoratives are getting more boring buy the year; in the good ol'days, when I was young you could recognise a commemorative a mile away; stock inserts, and/or different deluxe stock etc.
    This seems to only have white lettering on the action.
    It doesnt look anywhere near the old 35. Looks more like34/340/280
    But theyre cheap
    ATB,
    yana

Not sure which of the older Commemorative/Anniversary models had deluxe stocks. The inserts/ panels were the usual modifications.
    I think the point of this is to revert to a more classic look like the 70's/80's Diana's, rather than their current trend to provide a long fore-end which hides the breech block and slightly ungainly ambidextrous cheeckpiece "hump".
    I wonder if it be available in The Netherlands with appropriate power? It's looking a bit like a home market special at the moment.

Not sure which of the older Commemorative/Anniversary models had deluxe stocks. The inserts/ panels were the usual modifications.
    I think the point of this is to revert to a more classic look like the 70's/80's Diana's, rather than their current trend to provide a long fore-end which hides the breech block and slightly ungainly ambidextrous cheeckpiece "hump".
    I wonder if it be available in The Netherlands with appropriate power? It's looking a bit like a home market special at the moment.
    Yes and I think in that respect the gun's appearance fits the bill. I think it could be improved by a commemorative medallion inlet as per above comment but its still presentable.
    I'm still curious as to its size and proportions and in turn its power category. This last point is of low consideration but it would be nice if it could generate hunting or ft energies. No drama if it cant.
    Dave

If its 280 based, it'll be fine with a UK spec spring , Dave. If it's a 240 under there it's not going to put out the required power regardless of spring.
    I agree that the old medallion ploy would have been nice. The 35C is growing on me as it is, I must admit. A nice wee plinker with open sights (and not the Tru-Glos either), I'll wager. Im sure I'd be able to find a use for it at 7.5 joules!

The latest 34 Anniversary had/has a walnut deluxe stock.
    https://www.dlairgun.com/airgun-imag...nniversary.jpg

Probably not available in the netherlands, nor in the uk. Looks germany only. Its not listed on the Diana 2017 catalogue.
    And if it were availble in the netherlands, it would be FAC only.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post

Probably not available in the netherlands, nor in the uk. Looks germany only. Its not listed on the Diana 2017 catalogue.
    I thought that was last years model & didn't see any here.

The 35 Anni looks to be on the small side but it doesn't show it alongside a 31 or standard 34.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    What does it commemorate?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Very good question. 30 years since the original was discontinued is my best guess. The description on the 35C from the German sites doesn't state the reason for the release.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    I thought that was last years model & didn't see any here.

The 35 Anni looks to be on the small side but it doesn't show it alongside a 31 or standard 34.
    That model is about 5/6 years old now and was available over here for a while, I missed out on getting one as I didn't see them until about 2 years ago and they had
    all been sold (but I'm still desperate to get one), the ones that were produced last year where the newer N-Tec model and didn't appeal to me.

The new 35 commemorative is pretty bland, I'm sure my 34 came in one of those stock shapes.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in