Thread: Tx200 suppressor!?!

Tx200 suppressor!?!

As title says, I have a Tx200hc he and I'm in half a mind to put a suppressor on! Would I see any difference what so ever other than it being quieter? As my self I think it would ruin the look? Cheers.

Does it not already have a form of suppressor within the shroud end? Considering that springers are relatively quiet, and that the shroud will further reduce the sound, perhaps it is not necessary. Much of the noise you hear would be mechanical noise, try (safely) listening to the gun's actual report downrange with someone else firing it.

There must be a reason one almost never (well, personally, I never) sees this gun with any form of moderator on it.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    if you want a long, quiet gun, but get the MK3 full length.

the HC with a surpressor doesn't make much sense to me, and as Karl saiys, is not really noisy with the little screw in stripper.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    I like quite springers because I like garden plinking, and I think that the right silencers make a big difference, so if you want compact try to get one of these
    https://imgur.com/8HbKiRI

But if you want really quite and don't mind ugly its one of these
    https://imgur.com/3JTziPH

Am I right in thinking my mates mark 3 Hc could not be fitted with moderator? There was no way to fit one that we could see.

It looked like a shroud but no end cap.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Am I right in thinking my mates mark 3 Hc could not be fitted with moderator? There was no way to fit one that we could see.

It looked like a shroud but no end cap.
    it should have an internal 1/2" UNF in the end of the shroud. It may have had a small plenum silencer screwed inside.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

This is my mk 3 txhc with a suppressor.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_hhns1y71Q

Accuracy is much better with the suppressor fitted.

Chilly
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    it should have an internal 1/2" UNF in the end of the shroud. It may have had a small plenum silencer screwed inside.
    The muzzle end was seamless . It's long gone now though. He sold it last year and it was bought brand new when the mk3 came out.

There was no hex for an Allen key . And you could see the crown of the barrel only ten or so mm from the end of the shroud.

Like this ? https://www.dropbox.com/s/jy38sn5rxc...17-10.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypmdcarcwy...13-29.png?dl=0
    Last edited by bighit; 14-09-2017 at 06:20 PM.

that looks like the full length setup, not the HC...

Alternatively, the muzzle really was just 10mm or so in, someone has chopped it, as the shrouds on both protrude about 6-8cm forward of the muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    that looks like the full length setup, not the HC...

Alternatively, the muzzle really was just 10mm or so in, someone has chopped it, as the shrouds on both protrude about 6-8cm forward of the muzzle.
    May have been the full length one then. Im sure he said it was an HC. I did not like it so never paid much attention to it.

girlfriends dad bought it brand new and it lived in a cupboard all its life until my mate got it. It was one of the first mk3s and confirmed by AA as when he tried to sell it some one said it was a mix up of rifles going by the serial number and the slashes on the piston sleeve thingy. Oh and it was doing 17ftlbs EEK. no signs of it being stripped or opened. Only time it was open was to fit a tinbum kit and a 17ftlbs spring and tuned.

Her father bought loads of rifles and never shot them and I mean that. He never shot them. Just took them out every so often and wiped the dust off and put them back in the cupboard . Hw90 , the Tx , falcon pcp, stealth pcp, AA s410 and man more . Nothing newer than than 2010.

My mate bought the TX and the s410 off him and tried to get the Hw90 for me but he said no.

Strange thing was the chronograph. New in the box and never opened. Tape still unbroken. He gave my mate the chronograph.

Thanks for the reply Jon.

I have Air Arms moderator for my TX200 and to be honest I don't know if it makes much difference to it sound wise. I thought it looks OK but it does make the rifle rather long. The good thing is as it's so long I can just knock the targets down instead of shooting them.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

I have a small Parker Hale (I think) screw-in moderator fitted to my HC.

Whilst it certainly doesn't improve its looks, I find that the significant reduction in noise is worth the trade-off.

Generally, if you don't already own an HC, then I'd recommend the full-length, as JB says above.

HTH h j

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2820 View Post
    As title says, I have a Tx200hc he and I'm in half a mind to put a suppressor on! Would I see any difference what so ever other than it being quieter? As my self I think it would ruin the look? Cheers.
    Yes it does and the difference is quite tangible. The plenum insert will have to come off. If you use the AA one for TX 200 you wouldn't need an adaptor but it is quite a long silencer. You could save a bit of length if you went for an adaptor and a shortish lighter silencer.

A.G