Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    I forgot to ask,with a serial number 1371126,could anyone roughly age the gun?.
    Think you have too many digits . There is a few on the list with 8 digits and they are dated 2017.

137 numbers are around 1995.

1371811 is a Hw97 from 1995.

http://www.weihrauch-database.eu/thelist

Email weihrauch and they will tell you when it was made.
    Last edited by bighit; 17-09-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks bud,and yes you're right,that should have been 371126.

Your welcome.

If it's 371126, then it was manufactured about 1970.

Talking of freeads there's an idiot on there who lists things too pricey, then eventually lowers price right down and when you commit he backs out , he must worry it could have sold at original price after all so re lists it at top price again a week later.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

No shortage of idiots on freeads I'm afraid.
    Reckon we should start a sh1tlist?

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Talking of freeads there's an idiot on there who lists things too pricey, then eventually lowers price right down and when you commit he backs out , he must worry it could have sold at original price after all so re lists it at top price again a week later.
    Does he also list them as 'rare' when in fact they are no such thing.....has he got an avatar of a welsh rms?
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Ouch - the paypal request should have been a bit of a heads-up I guess. I hope this works out ok for you op

Quote Originally Posted by timmaaah View Post
    Ouch - the paypal request should have been a bit of a heads-up I guess. I hope this works out ok for you op
    Plenty of people still offering the PayPal option on here even though it's not recommended.

The other one I saw was . Not taking responsibility if the items did not arrive . Would not catch me buying from some one that put that in their ad

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Does he also list them as 'rare' when in fact they are no such thing.....has he got an avatar of a welsh rms?
    No, that must be a different idiot
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    No, that must be a different idiot
    Lots of them on there
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Plenty of people still offering the PayPal option on here even though it's not recommended.

The other one I saw was . Not taking responsibility if the items did not arrive . Would not catch me buying from some one that put that in their ad
    Can't agree more - I have had to explain to sellers many times, that if they choose and pay for the delivery service, whoever that is, then that service having taken their money enters into a legal binding contract to deliver said item. If a problem of any type occurs, it is the person who paid for that contract (ie the seller), who has to pursue the outcome, compensation etc. This responsibility cannot be transferred to the buyer as the delivery service has no obligation to deal with anyone who did not purchase the contract in the first place. However, if the buyer agrees to arrange their own courier, then of course it would be the buyer who would pursue any problems.
    Sellers trying to shirk this responsibility are often to be found on that well known auction site and I personally would never buy from a seller who tried this in any ad.

Freeads is possibly the slowest web platform and messages get lost in transit for a up to 24 hours sometimes - I have lost some nice buys on there because the Seller thought I'd walked away . I may be wrong but if you ring the $$$ billed numbers you don't have any issue getting messages through - strange that .

Quote Originally Posted by Shootfish View Post
    Can't agree more - I have had to explain to sellers many times, that if they choose and pay for the delivery service, whoever that is, then that service having taken their money enters into a legal binding contract to deliver said item. If a problem of any type occurs, it is the person who paid for that contract (ie the seller), who has to pursue the outcome, compensation etc. This responsibility cannot be transferred to the buyer as the delivery service has no obligation to deal with anyone who did not purchase the contract in the first place. However, if the buyer agrees to arrange their own courier, then of course it would be the buyer who would pursue any problems.
    Sellers trying to shirk this responsibility are often to be found on that well known auction site and I personally would never buy from a seller who tried this in any ad.

yes. and they will no doubt post on the ad " cant believe these have not sold at this price ". maybe they have not sold due to the fact that you don't give a toss what happens after you have taken the buyers money and taken the item to post office.

i wonder f they would buy off some one if they put the same on their ad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shootfish View Post
    Must agree, and I hate that this is also becoming more prevalent on here

Should be a written rule that to sell on here, the seller is responsible until the item is delivered, photo's on sales threads should also be mandatory but that's another matter.