Quote Originally Posted by Shootfish View Post
Can't agree more - I have had to explain to sellers many times, that if they choose and pay for the delivery service, whoever that is, then that service having taken their money enters into a legal binding contract to deliver said item. If a problem of any type occurs, it is the person who paid for that contract (ie the seller), who has to pursue the outcome, compensation etc. This responsibility cannot be transferred to the buyer as the delivery service has no obligation to deal with anyone who did not purchase the contract in the first place. However, if the buyer agrees to arrange their own courier, then of course it would be the buyer who would pursue any problems.
Sellers trying to shirk this responsibility are often to be found on that well known auction site and I personally would never buy from a seller who tried this in any ad.

yes. and they will no doubt post on the ad " cant believe these have not sold at this price ". maybe they have not sold due to the fact that you don't give a toss what happens after you have taken the buyers money and taken the item to post office.

i wonder f they would buy off some one if they put the same on their ad ?