Thread: Huggett shroud

Huggett shroud

Am I right in thinking that the huggett shroud has nothing to offer in quietening the rifle it's on ie hw100 bsa r10 it's just the huggett silencer?

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the huggett shroud has nothing to offer in quietening the rifle it's on ie hw100 bsa r10 it's just the huggett silencer?
    There are vent holes inside which go from the silencer to the shroud which in theory should help sound deadening/ air expansion as the shroud mod screws into the shroud & not the barrel.
    Hope this helps
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    I was told by a person who had them on his HW 100 that it really didn't make that much of a difference compared to the standard HW moderator but they do look good though.

A.G