Thread: What Head Size for a .22 HW80?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What Head Size for a .22 HW80?

I'm going to get a load of JSB Exacts for my HW80, any recommendations on the head size, I'm inclined to go for 5.52mm.
    Thanks lads.

My 80 does like 5.52 Exacts but they are too expensive for my wallet. I use either Superdomes or Hobbys.

4.52mm/5.52mm seem to work well enough in Weihrauchs in general, but I think it's more down to finding a good die...

I have had good results with 5.52mm from JSB Exact Jumbo and Air Arms Field branded pellets, I also used to get excellent grouping from H&N FTT's in 5.52 but I haven't tried them recently.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

I've got a theory that the 5.52 won't matter after they're in the breech & resized accordingly, but I'm going to be getting a few so I want to do my best to start off right. I appreciate people taking the time to reply.
    Thanks very much.

If I were you I would not buy a load of a pellet until I knew that my gun liked them. I must be unlucky because my 22 80 and 22 99 don't like the 16 grain JSBs. They prefer falcon accuracy plus.

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer