Thread: Updated wildcat?

Updated wildcat?

Looking at some pictures of the FX wildcat on the FX site and others it now has a shroud that only just overlaps the cylinder. Is this a revision? My wildcat has a much longer barrel shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    Looking at some pictures of the FX wildcat on the FX site and others it now has a shroud that only just overlaps the cylinder. Is this a revision? My wildcat has a much longer barrel shroud.
    Have you got the moderator fitted ? it is flush with the shroud with a very fine joint from memory

Yes I have the standard shroud the rifle came with.

The shorter version is the 177/22 one on the FX site.

http://www.fxairguns.com/rifle/the-wildcat/

This is the one I have.

http://m.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-r...dcat-177/15350

I seem to recal that there are two different versions of the wildcat, the USA one (short shroud) and the uk one (long shroud) Mine also has the long shroud. I saw pictures of both when the wildcat came out so it is not a new version unless it is the type of shroud that pulls forward to give a quieter shot like the impact has.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Ah. Maybe it's down to the licensing of sound moderators in the states. I think it looks better shorter.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Yes, the US version has the shorter shroud, with a different end fitting, to which you can add moderator segments (similar to the modular Swift Stumpy) that work well for their FAC standard version.

The 0.25 calibre has longer cylinder, barrel and shroud.